Fuelly Alternative? Mileage / Maintenance App

Does anyone know of any good alternatives to the Fuelly app? Basically I'm looking for an app that will track my mileage (fuel economy) and maintenance with reminders.

I started using Fuelly back when it was Acar, I think it was either a free or very low one-time cost when I started using it. The price went up and became a yearly subscription when Fuelly bought it (?) and it's gone up again this year. I wouldn't mind the price increase if it came with new features or bug fixes (it still calculates mpg average wrong at times and I've lost data on a few occasions for no reason), but it's the same old app I've been using for a decade or more and they keep wanting more money for it.

Any suggestions? I don't mind paying for an app if it's a good one and does what I need.

I am still using Fuelly for free on Android. I have found that the trick to all these apps is to install a Firewall on your phone and then deny access to any app that really does not need it. It cant download ads, it cant upgrade to payed versions, it cant spy on you and it cant use your data allowance. They do ask you to rate them occasionally but I figure thats just a trick to get you to let them out of their box.

I researched a few online and came across Simplyauto. One of the better rated ones, so figured I'd try it.

So far I'm impressed. MUCH more feature rich than Fuelly. Gives you better statistics. Can do mpg averages by fuel brand, octane and a few other variables, you can vary the dates of the averages, and gives you a nice color chart. All maintenance reminders are given a bar graph so it gives you a good visual representation of when the next service is due without going through the numbers and past service records.

Only downside is I can't import Fuelly data (which is exported in a CSV file) without a ton of reformatting. Will probably be just as quick to enter them in manually which is going to take a lot of time. The app is free but limited to a certain number of vehicles and only a few entries for services. I paid the $5 (lifetime) which pretty much gives you everything except-- There's a $7 annual subscription which gives you business features like auto trip logging for deducting mileage expenses, but I don't need that stuff.

I keep all fuel mileage and maintenance records on paper I’ve never been the technology type I can’t even figure out how to open up any Microsoft program other than office lol.

Fuelly is free for me

I don't think I ever got that option because I didn't start out with Fuelly. I didn't even know a free option existed.

I originally bought Acar and had the $5 (for life) premium version. When Fuelly bought them out, it simply updated that app to a Fuelly branded version and maintained my "premium" membership. The very next year they started charging annually (and it's only gone up in price since then), not giving the option to opt out. So I just assumed Fuelly was pay-to-play.

I digress, I probably wouldn't want the free version anyways as it probably has handicaps (limited no. of vehicles for example) and I despise ads. The app hasn't really changed since I bought it eons ago, so I don't know how they justify charging me $7.99 a year for something I already paid for. Just because it changed names? No thanks, they can have their app.

The Simplyauto app I installed appears to have more features and $5 buys it for life.

Back