Fuel stabilizer for car driven 2-4x/month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a car (05 G35) that sits alot. I moved about ten minutes further from work and don't want those interstate miles chipping her up (I do drive it to work once every week or two). It sometimes is driven to run errands maybe once a week.

Should I be using fuel stabilizer in this car? I was using 100% gas until I moved. Now I am worried about ethanol damage since there isn't a 100% gas station nearby.

I have some Stabil-Marine I use for the lawnmower, can I use this in my car? I am leary of putting anything but gas in the tank.

2 to 4 times a month is nothing. Just remember to top up the fuel tank whenever possible (to the 1st click on slow only, don't try to squeeze extra into the filler neck and ended up killing the EVAP canister (will throw check engine light on OBD-II type cars).

When in doubt: adding a bit of sta-bil red would be fine also...just like I've been doing to my wifey's camry during the past 4 yrs.

Q.

I recommend marine stabil (green) it is what I use on my kid's car that sits for months while she is away at school. Keeps the fuel system clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back