Fuel Power -- mileage increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm seeing about 4% increase in gasoline mileage using Fuel Power. Is this possible or am I suffering from the placebo effect?

Background
I have used fuel power now for about 500 miles and it has either completely cleared up my pinging problem or is very close to completing the task. The car had been pinging under (heavy) load when using the grade of gasoline recommended by the manufacturer -- regular. I thought it might just be a bad tank of gas, but it was happening over several tanks with different major vendors.

I assume Fuel Power has done this by disolving carbon deposits in the combustion chamber thereby eliminating hot spots resulting in a more controlled burn. Anyhow, I think I also have observed improved gasoline mileage which probably comes as no surprise, but I haven't been able to quantify this increase due to short trips, fall weather, etc.

In a previous post "Tan Sedan" reported a mileage increase as a result of careful measurements over a known route. Just wondering if others have done similar (careful) measurements...

FYI-- If you normally get about 25 miles/gallon and fuel costs about $1.50/gallon, Fuel Power is 'free' if your gas mileage increases by about 3/4 (.75) mile per gallon (~3%).

[ November 19, 2003, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Ray Garlington ]

FP not only gently cleans the fuel system, but also provides additional components that increases the overall total energy of the fuel mix.

By my highly unscientific "testing" (read; MPG computer in the car) I have seen about a 1~2 MPG increase doing nothing different. All the usual variables have stayed more or less the same so I'm chalking it up to the FP.

Not to say FP doesn't work, I know it improves my combustion efficiency as I have seen its effect through UOA. But I am really not seeing any mileage increase. I do feel like my car has more power, maybe my use of which negates the mpg increase? But I use it in the GTP too and I did not tell my gf what it does, only that I need to put it in every tank. I am not seeing any increase there either. So I estimate the mileage increase for me to be 0-0.5mpg at most, if anything.
Now it seems most users (and orginal testers) are not in a reformulated gas area. As most of country is not. Maybe this is a possible reason for that. Maybe more FP needs to be used? I have not tried that and probably won't because it defintely would not be cost effective.

I started with FP in early fall. The weather is getting colder, and my fuel milage is not dropping as it did in past years. That is an increas.

quote:

Originally posted by Jason Troxell:
Now it seems most users (and orginal testers) are not in a reformulated gas area. As most of country is not. Maybe this is a possible reason for that. Maybe more FP needs to be used? I have not tried that and probably won't because it defintely would not be cost effective.

Why not?
Then try either:
1. Regular with more additive
2. Plus, with more additive
3. What you are doing now and experiment for say four or five Tanks just for the groups info, and add extra, maybe there is a break-even or a point that you only pay a few cents more than not using it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back