Friend only wants to do what he wants?

c502cid said:
You leave out the most important info for any of us to answer..... what is his favorite oil? [/quo

He takes goes to the quick lube, he wouldn't know the difference between 5w20 and 20w50.

Originally Posted By: wrcsixeight
I used to go to a certain bar and grille when i knew a waitress I was very attracted to worked. I even got her number and took her out once.

The woman behind that sexy outfit and I, had nothing in common but a sexual attraction.

I no longer allow myself to think women who work for tips are interested in me.

Your beer bellied friend is seriously delusional if he thinks any hottie waitress in a skin and wings joint is in any way attracted to him. Best thing you can do to help him, is make him realize this.

Amazing how a smile from an attractive woman scrambles male brains.
When that smile is basically saying, 'I want a big tip' but the male believes this woman wants him, well this is damagingly delusional.

Well this one waitress was flirting with him, so that's what he thinks..... It's just time to move on. I guess no friend is better than a bad one.

Perhaps you've changed a lot in the past few years. What used to work/satisfy, no longer does. It happens. His life might be on the decline however and your own thinking is bothered enough by this to post here. It's called "growing pains".

Quote:
He also keeps wanting me to go to Twin Peaks with him so he can talk to this waitress, but we've been back like 4 times and she's never there. He doesn't understand that girls working there get hit on everyday by super hot rich guys, so his chances aren't very good. Plus the girls probably remember him by now because he always asks if that certain girl is working. lol I try to get him to do things that we both want to do, but I just can't get him to do those things anymore.

Pulling a heavy wagon with square wheels isn't much fun, is it? Key definition of "DRAG". You might want to rethink that....

Quote:
My other friend I have works constantly and has a wife and 4 kids, so he doesn't have much time to hang out. Then I very rarely get any bro time with him because he brings he wife and kids along wherever we go. Then if we do hang out together without them, she'll text him constantly.

"Bro" time as you've known it, is over: He's married & has four kids, remember? So invite them all over for hamburgers or spaghetti. Make kid-sized buns using a roll of biscuits. Cut out their thin meat patties using a round cookie cutter. (These are now refered to as "sliders"). Get a big bag of Tator-tots and bake. Don't forget the garlic bread for spaghetti. Put bibbs on them and let them slurp away. Teach the older ones how to twirl it on a fork & spoon. For desert, make banana splits with sprinkles & warm chocolate sauce. Your buddies wife will appreciate someone else doing the cooking & cleaning, the kids will have fun and you'll get to visit. Get a bag of balloons and play indoor balloon ball (volley-ball) across the couch to keep the kids entertained. Or get a bottle of bubble solution, crack a glow-stick into it, mix, turn out the lights and blow glowing bubbles at them to chase & pop. (Notice all of this is in the kid-fun analog domain....).

THINK..be creative and inventive. The kids will have fun, be fed and be asking their parents when's the next time we're going back?

So pick: Your "friend" who's a DRAG, thinking with his johnson, dreaming about some waitress or cooking for a family and entertaining his kids?

Which builds a friendship and sounds like more fun?

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Perhaps you've changed a lot in the past few years. What used to work/satisfy, no longer does. It happens. His life might be on the decline however and your own thinking is bothered enough by this to post here. It's called "growing pains".

Quote:
He also keeps wanting me to go to Twin Peaks with him so he can talk to this waitress, but we've been back like 4 times and she's never there. He doesn't understand that girls working there get hit on everyday by super hot rich guys, so his chances aren't very good. Plus the girls probably remember him by now because he always asks if that certain girl is working. lol I try to get him to do things that we both want to do, but I just can't get him to do those things anymore.

Pulling a heavy wagon with square wheels isn't much fun, is it? Key definition of "DRAG". You might want to rethink that....

Quote:
My other friend I have works constantly and has a wife and 4 kids, so he doesn't have much time to hang out. Then I very rarely get any bro time with him because he brings he wife and kids along wherever we go. Then if we do hang out together without them, she'll text him constantly.

"Bro" time as you've known it, is over: He's married & has four kids, remember? So invite them all over for hamburgers or spaghetti. Make kid-sized buns using a roll of biscuits. Cut out their thin meat patties using a round cookie cutter. (These are now refered to as "sliders"). Get a big bag of Tator-tots and bake. Don't forget the garlic bread for spaghetti. Put bibbs on them and let them slurp away. Teach the older ones how to twirl it on a fork & spoon. For desert, make banana splits with sprinkles & warm chocolate sauce. Your buddies wife will appreciate someone else doing the cooking & cleaning, the kids will have fun and you'll get to visit. Get a bag of balloons and play indoor balloon ball (volley-ball) across the couch to keep the kids entertained. Or get a bottle of bubble solution, crack a glow-stick into it, mix, turn out the lights and blow glowing bubbles at them to chase & pop. (Notice all of this is in the kid-fun analog domain....).

THINK..be creative and inventive. The kids will have fun, be fed and be asking their parents when's the next time we're going back?

So pick: Your "friend" who's a DRAG, thinking with his johnson, dreaming about some waitress or cooking for a family and entertaining his kids?

Which builds a friendship and sounds like more fun?

[off-topic]
wow, this brings memories from school.... aren't you the one drawing the stars/solar system on the pavement for the kiddos?
[/off-topic]

I have this buddy who quit hanging out with me for a year or two and I decided to text him one day and we started hanging out again, but I've noticed the last few months the only thing he wants to do is what he wants to do.

[/QUOTE]
If you are reluctant to tell him he's the wrong friend for you, just wait it out. He'll eventually quit hanging out with you again. After that, do not contact him again. Or maybe he won't go away. Some people are very good at being "nice" just to get what they want. Beware of people who do you favors or who latch on to you because they are looking for a friend. They will make you feel bad every single time you don't go along with what they want to do, whether it is hanging out, drinking, having lunch etc. A long time ago, I decided I did not want people like that in my life. I outright tell them I got my own thing going and they need to find a new friend.

Last edited:
If you are reluctant to tell him he's the wrong friend for you, just wait it out. He'll eventually quit hanging out with you again. After that, do not contact him again. Or maybe he won't go away. Some people are very good at being "nice" just to get what they want. Beware of people who do you favors or who latch on to you because they are looking for a friend. They will make you feel bad every single time you don't go along with what they want to do, whether it is hanging out, drinking, having lunch etc. A long time ago, I decided I did not want people like that in my life. I outright tell them I got my own thing going and they need to find a new friend.

Maybe some day, and that day may never come, we might find out what happened.

Check back in another five years.

Always surround yourself with people who add value to your life. Not money, but value. If you're having trouble meeting people, take on new hobbies, interests, and hangout spots. Find like-minded people on forums like this one, and seek out members that are local to you. You can't force a friendship, and if it's a real friendship, you won't have to. As for your current 'friend', stop calling and see what happens. If you're always the one doing the calling, that will be quickly revealed.

I have this buddy who quit hanging out with me for a year or two and I decided to text him one day and we started hanging out again, but I've noticed the last few months the only thing he wants to do is what he wants to do. He pretty much changed a lot in the two years we didn't talk, and he suddenly became interested in girls, but the problem is that's all he wants to do is go to the bar and drink and maybe a couple other things. That's part of the problem is I go to the bar and he sits there, doesn't even hit on girls. He also keeps wanting me to go to Twin Peaks with him so he can talk to this waitress, but we've been back like 4 times and she's never there. He doesn't understand that girls working there get hit on everyday by super hot rich guys, so his chances aren't very good. Plus the girls probably remember him by now because he always asks if that certain girl is working. lol I try to get him to do things that we both want to do, but I just can't get him to do those things anymore.

At first he was cool and we did a variety of things, but lately he's become super cheap and if it cost too much money he won't do it. He's basically using me it seems. Like last time we agreed to go play at Top Golf, then he cancelled when I asked him if we were still going. Not sure when he was planning on telling me.... I just don't understand. I don't really have many friends, so I get kind of lonely and i'll hang out with him now only to get some social interaction basically. People always cancel on me when I try and schedule times to hang out, so it's not like I don't try. Why is he like this? He didn't used to be like this. He's gone through phases of being super cheap, but never selfish. Then he has the nerve to call me boring when I come up with all these things we can do, but he shoots down my ideas, but can't come up with any of his own.

I would stop hanging out with him altogether, but I have to have some social interaction. My other friend I have works constantly and has a wife and 4 kids, so he doesn't have much time to hang out. Then I very rarely get any bro time with him because he brings he wife and kids along wherever we go. Then if we do hang out together without them, she'll text him constantly.

I'm just kind of baffled that he's acting the way he's been acting. I kind of think he's becoming an alcoholic too. He's got a good sized beer belly on him now and he used to be skinny. Imo friends should be able to find something that both parties like to do. Now of course, you're going to still have to do things you don't want to do with them, but they have to return the favor.

Anyone have this kind of problem? My buddy with four kids doesn't bother me as much because I know he tries his best.

You're going to think I'm a buzzard (insert another word that begins with b and ends with ard), but I'm just going to tell you.

You sound like a woman in an abusive relationship and can't or won't leave the jerk. And I'm not denigrating women in bad relationships. Or even you. Your so called friend isn't one and you are not married to him. Leave that buzzard (you know the word).

Don't have any other friends? Too bad. Man-up. He is not your friend and you need to quit being co-dependent.

Rant over.

To me a friend is someone who shares interest and you do things together that both of you want to do or you do one thing each other likes or something. Like most of my car friends are big gamers too and I’m not so what I do is I play the game with them even though I may not enjoy it then we do another thing together that I want to do. That’s a friend.

Yes, it was revived today by 'vavavroom'. I was just curious as to why?

The OP hasn't even been here since last June.
I was on my phone and came across this thread without noticing how old it was. I suspect it was one of the 'similar threads' suggested near the bottom of the page. Had I seen the date, I would have let this thread rest for sure.

I was on my phone and came across this thread without noticing how old it was. I suspect it was one of the 'similar threads' suggested near the bottom of the page. Had I seen the date, I would have let this thread rest for sure.

Yea, I didn't notice the age of the original post either. Tried to delete but wasn't successful.

I'm just wondering if he ever got to talk to the Twin Peaks waitress ... maybe he ended up married to her. 😀

Back