Fresh footage of my Corvette on-track

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: Patman
Is that still the NPP performance exhaust on your car, or did you change it out? It sure sounds loud!
smile.gif
Mine just has the standard non NPP exhaust so it's nowhere near that loud at full throttle.

It's the standard NPP but I taped a microphone to the rear bumper.
cool.gif

Super!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
That is very cool with the telemetry. How does it get all the steering and braking values?

Directly from the CANBUS, I assume.

Here's the Cosworth Pi Toolbox software that lets you analyze the data. You build out all of your own views and reports. Here I have pulled up two laps from two separate days at the same track.

First screen is my general view, second screen is vehicle health, and the third shows splits + min/max for various performance metrics.

GM provides a slimmed-down version called GM Toolbox if you aren't comfortable diving in to this level.

That is very cool to have that much detail available. Do you ever autocross with the Vette? It would be a huge help to see the data from a few runs to see what's working or not.

I finally got a GoPro mount that attaches to my harness bar, so I figured it was time to take some in-car footage with an external mic. This is Autobahn Country Club's full/combined circuit. I was able to turn a new personal best despite being on worn-down brake pads and a more sedate Pilot Super Sport (previous PB was set on Cup 2s).

FYI the second video is wide POV, the first one is medium POV. I was experimenting a bit since I had never used the GoPro in a car with such low roofline and small windows.

Enjoy the sweet sounds of the Chevy small block V8!

That small block is ripping!

Instant critique: Are you over-revving on downshifts? It looks like you are downshifting before initiating braking while entering the turns.

That is very cool to have that much detail available. Do you ever autocross with the Vette? It would be a huge help to see the data from a few runs to see what's working or not.

Nah, I used to autocross in the past but if I'm going to sink a whole day into ragging on the car, I'd much rather do it this way!

Originally Posted By: A_Harman

Instant critique: Are you over-revving on downshifts? It looks like you are downshifting before initiating braking while entering the turns.

You are hearing the built-in rev-match on the downshifts. If you watch the second video from the PDR, you can see the gear indicator in relation to the braking.

Nah, I used to autocross in the past but if I'm going to sink a whole day into ragging on the car, I'd much rather do it this way!

Originally Posted By: A_Harman

You are hearing the built-in rev-match on the downshifts. If you watch the second video from the PDR, you can see the gear indicator in relation to the braking.

OK, I wondered if that may have been some kind of automated rev-match thing. I've never been in a car that has it, and don't know how it sounds or feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back