I have in a 5q jug the following so far:

.5q of Mobil clean 5000
.5q of castrol syn blend
1q of quaker state green bottle
.5 bottle of lubro-moly
.5q of AAP synthetic
.5q of Amsoil XL
.75q of Formula Shell

So I pretty much need only one more half quart of something and I'll have enough to do a frankenbrew OCI.
Thinking about running it for my summer OCI this year.
Any objections? Its all new oil and its all mostly 5w20 wt.

That really is pushing the theory of "mixability" to the limit...I wouldn't use it in anything but a lawn mower, and an old one at that, or maybe a 15 year old beater Toyota pickup.

I have a 1/2 qt of nextgen maxlife 5w20 sitting around here, was gonna use it with 4qts pyb for my next change....

you want i should send it to ya? granted postage would probably be more than a qt of oil....

as for next change - i currently have a K&N oil filter installed. i'm only doing a 3 mo oci cuz i'm a short tripper, and the fact recommendation("severe schedule") is 3mo/3k which ever comes first. i wanna re-use the k&n for one more oci(by which time it will realistically only have 3k mi on it). Do i remove, drain, reinstall, or just leave it be and not worry about the oil in the filter?
-sorry for the thread jacking-

Last edited:
IMO.....You could add some Kreen, 16 ounces, to the mix and run it for 1K and clean up your engine. You could add the other 16 ounces of Kreen to your gasoline.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Needs MMOre mmo.

+1.

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: bustednutz
So I always end up with about half quart left in the jug after my 4.5q Oci's
I have in a 5q jug the following so far:

.5q of Mobil clean 5000
.5q of castrol syn blend
1q of quaker state green bottle
.5 bottle of lubro-moly
.5q of AAP synthetic
.5q of Amsoil XL
.75q of Formula Shell

So I pretty much need only one more half quart of something and I'll have enough to do a frankenbrew OCI.
Thinking about running it for my summer OCI this year.
Any objections? Its all new oil and its all mostly 5w20 wt.

Wow , you almost have a complete lineup there with no repeated manufacturers. SOPUS is unfairly represented with Quacker State and Formula Smell. I demand equal representation for Valvoline!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back