Frank : question on rear main leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have a 1997 Olds LSS with the 3800 Series II with 97k on the car. I bought the car in April and have recently noticed a small seepage at the rear main. It has yet to even start dripping to the floor of the garage.

I am going to order the auto-rx (3 bottles) and would like to confirm my understanding of the cleaning/seal repair procedure.

Step 1.
Change to fresh dino and new filter. Add appropriate amt of auto-rx. Drive car 750 miles.

Step 2
Change to fresh dino and new filter. Drive car 1500 miles. Add appropriate amt of auto-rx to this oil....and drive for an additional 1500 miles.

This would make 3000 miles on the "second" dino oil change?

Is this correct?

After the second treatment is concluded..I would like to swap over to M1 10w-30.
I use Baldwin oil filters.

Thanks for your help and advice.

After you add first bottle of Auto-Rx to your existing oil, (should be dino oil to work on rear main seal leak and if not "Dino" oil, you will have to change out synthetic to "Dino") for the sake of clarity we will say your running dino, drive 750 miles and change oil and filter. Now drive 1500 miles with just new oil and filter (no Auto-Rx). At 1500 mile mark add second bottle of Auto-Rx and drive 750 miles. Change oil and filter - Auto-Rx application is done. Your engine and seals have been cleaned. Auto-Rx does not swell seals we restore seal integrity by using petrol chemistry of "Dino" oil. It will make seal mate with firmness against metal. It can take, at this point, up to 3000 miles of driving to stop leak completely (nothing but "Dino" oil during this time). When leak stops use whatever oil you wish. Why won't it work with "Synthetic" oil? Because complex additive package does not work well with restoring seal pliabilty. The simple additive package found in "Dino" oil is fine and helps seals to adhere firmly to metal.

hi

Thank you for your response. I await the shipment.

For a maintenance dose..what would you suggest for the 3800 Series II which has a oil capacity of 4.5 qts? I plan on using M1 10w-30.

The driving interval while Auto-Rx is in the oil is 750 miles. So, in step two, after you add the Auto-Rx you would drive 750 miles before changing your oil and filter. It is necessary to stay with "Dino" oil until the leak has stopped. After that you can use M1 or your favorite synthetic.

See Application Instructions for complete details.

light1
Auto-Rx maintenance dose for "your" engine would not start until you have stopped seal leak(up to 3000 miles of driving with straight dino)and
had your first oil change. Then add 3 ounces of Auto-Rx for maintenance, by cleansing your engine
you have restored compression and have effective
combustion. Auto-Rx maintenance will maintain your gains and keep engine clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back