Fram XG7317 with louvers

Newest Fram XG purchase - date code early 2023 - now with louvers. The louvers seem to be well formed / fully open. Still USA made

Last pic is from an older date code with holes - for comparison.

IMG_9561.JPG

IMG_9562.JPG

IMG_9564.JPG

In those last pictures it looks like the ADBV has nubs that protrude into the baseplate holes. Is that just an optical illusion because of the way you have the camera focused?

Scott
Not sure what you mean but it must be camera angle or focus. The ADBV and base plate is identical between this one and older design. I put both side by side and can't see any difference other than the louvers.

Non Wired , to the OP, how many miles will you run this Oil Filter?
I run these on a 5K OCI - to the consternation of a few here that tell me I am using too much filter for my application. An old friend of mine who had been an officer in the Artillery used to tell me overkill works :)

I am not thrilled about the louvers. These ones are great, but one of the advantage of Fram was being able to order online without having to worry about inspecting louvers. Oh well, I have like 2 or 3 years worth of filters now, so who knows what else will change by then.

Been several louvered tube Fram anecdotes posted now. Perhaps they are all going that way, too early to tell, speculation.

Personally, if FB had changed the Ultra to louvered tube and left the media as two ply full synthetic wire backed, would have been fine by me. But, that's just wishful thinking now.

I run these on a 5K OCI - to the consternation of a few here that tell me I am using too much filter for my application. An old friend of mine who had been an officer in the Artillery used to tell me overkill works :)

I am not thrilled about the louvers. These ones are great, but one of the advantage of Fram was being able to order online without having to worry about inspecting louvers. Oh well, I have like 2 or 3 years worth of filters now, so who knows what else will change by then.
Love that quote from the Artillery Officer! :) It's similar in a way to a quote from the owner of a vineyard in Italy when I asked him "what is the best wine?" He replied "The best wine is the one that you like!" Enjoy that beautiful new Ultra.

The switch to louvers to help with THE WAVES of the NEW Ultra without the wire mesh as seen in the pics ? :whistle:

Last edited:
Back