Fram Ultra XG3600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Motorking
If more people bought TG and XG, stores would stock more inventory and part numbers. Any suggestions from BITOG members how we educate the general public to use better filters?

I think if Fram put a small display showing the 3 levels of filters (EG, TG & XG) and showed a cut-away of each on how they are constructed, and what the efficiency and filter change interval spec was on each, more people might "upgrade" by choosing the TG or XG over the EG. Kind of like consolidating the information Fram shows on their website about the specs of each filter. Have a little story board in the store that consolidates all that info for the buyer right there in the oil filter isle. Throw a girl in a bikini on the story board too ...
grin.gif

Some people may buy the EG not knowing it's only rated for 5K miles, and might be running them longer than they should or want to.

Most people understand that a product with better specs is one that is usually better and will pay a few bucks more for a better product.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
If more people bought TG and XG, stores would stock more inventory and part numbers. Any suggestions from BITOG members how we educate the general public to use better filters?

I think if Fram put a small display showing the 3 levels of filters (EG, TG & XG) and showed a cut-away of each on how they are constructed, and what the efficiency and filter change interval spec was on each, more people might "upgrade" by choosing the TG or XG over the EG. Kind of like consolidating the information Fram shows on their website about the specs of each filter. Have a little story board in the store that consolidates all that info for the buyer right there in the oil filter isle. Throw a girl in a bikini on the story board too ...
grin.gif

Some people may buy the EG not knowing it's only rated for 5K miles, and might be running them longer than they should or want to.

Most people understand that a product with better specs is one that is usually better and will pay a few bucks more for a better product.

The problem with this is that it might seem like the other ones are inferior. A company doesn't want to display perceived inferior products. I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to get people to buy a premium filter. When I get the answer I'll be here.

Originally Posted By: CapitalTruck
The problem with this is that it might seem like the other ones are inferior. A company doesn't want to display perceived inferior products. I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to get people to buy a premium filter. When I get the answer I'll be here.
Well, they are inferior. Its really more like a "good, better, best" choice that Sears made famous for years. The bargain hunter just wants the cheap one, others want an upgrade. Marketing.

Originally Posted By: FetchFar
Originally Posted By: CapitalTruck
Well, they are inferior. Its really more like a "good, better, best" choice that Sears made famous for years. The bargain hunter just wants the cheap one, others want an upgrade. Marketing.

I dont think its that at all.. Its what you are going to do with the filter and how long you plan on have it on the car.

its simple

Fram Extra Guard 3000 Miles 5000 Miles TOPs

Fram TOUGH Guard.. 7000 Miles 10000 miles TOPs

Fram Ultra... 10000 miles 15000 miles Tops.

Plus Fram Ultra is made for synthetic oil but will work for conventional.

Fram Tough Gaurd is sorta best of both worlds... works with Conventional Oil and is just as good with synthetic oil.

Fram Extra Guard is made for conventional Oil... but Im sure you could use synthetic oil but the filter is a 3000 mile filter period.

then there is the FRAM HIGH MILEAGE Filter that is basically a FRAM EXTRA GUARD for people who have used FRAM EXTRA Guards for years but now the car has 100K miles on it and it makes them feel better to have a HIGH MILEAGE OIL FILTER for the oil that says its made for Engines with HIGH MILES.

So you need to use the Oil filter for whats its intended for.

I bet if someone took a FRAM Extra Guard and ran it 3000 miles and cut it open , it wouldn't look bad... I did it... I think I posted the pics.. It was a HIGH MILEAGE FRAM, but basically the same as EXTRA GUARD.

I also have taken pics of a FRAM TOUGH GUARD with over 5000 miles on it and it was in great shape, could of went much further.

Then I did a stupid thing and put a FRAM ULTRA on... and I didn't even change the oil...
ran the engine about 3000 miles or less and cut it open and it was like NEW.

So Fram really give you a choice if you think about it.

If your one of them guys that changes your oil each 3000 miles and they use regular conventional oil.. then the FRAM extra Guard is a the right filter for them.

Then you have Tough Guard for people that perhaps use Syn Blend and perhaps do some towing and do 5000 mile OCI or longer.

Then you have the FRAM ULTRA.
For people who don't have time, they buy the best SYN OIL they can find and run that oil for 10000 miles and don't have to worry b/c they know they are protected with good oil and a filter that can handle it.

Then I have to make a place for the HIGH MILEAGE OIL.

That is for people that used the FRAM Extra Guards with conventional oil for years.. Then there car has over 75K miles and they put in a HIGH MILEAGE Oil like Valvoline Maxx Life.. Then say Well I might as well get a filter for my HIGH MILEAGE ENGINE, and they buy a Fram HIGH MILEAGE FILTER and they do that b/c they never had a problem with the FRAM Extra Guard and I guess it makes them feel better thinking that Oil Renewing basket with the GOO stuff on the FRAM High Mileage Filter will help there car in some way.. and perhaps it does or perhaps its just a $ maker... I dunno as far as the HIGH MILEAGE FRAM GOES....

So as I said you get more choices with FRAM then with many other filters that are what you see is what you get.

Hope some will agree with this. ?????????????????

Originally Posted By: David1
If your one of them guys that changes your oil each 3000 miles and they use regular conventional oil.. then the FRAM extra Guard is a the right filter for them.
... Its still useful to upgrade to a tough guard or ultra in that case. They filter out smaller particles. The Extra Guard can go the full oil change interval on any car out there, as its got 3x the dirt holding capacity as cheaper paper-only filters. Does this by blending in glass fibers.

Originally Posted By: FetchFar
Originally Posted By: David1
... Its still useful to upgrade to a tough guard or ultra in that case. They filter out smaller particles. The Extra Guard can go the full oil change interval on any car out there, as its got 3x the dirt holding capacity as cheaper paper-only filters. Does this by blending in glass fibers.

I agree, but some people use Regular Oil and change their oil each 3000 Miles and a Fram Extra Guard is what many of them buy and have been doing it for years and years with many cars they have had in there lifetime.

Cant argue with Longevity.

** Not saying you are **

but I know people who say they dont care this is what they use and even if a better filter was on sale and cheaper they would stil use the FRAM Extra Gaurd.

I bought 6 FRAM XG9018 for wife's Equinox 2.4 for $42.96 shipped. These are the cartridge type filters. The FRAM makes the PUROLATOR synthetics look like a childs toy oil filter. FRAM has convinced me these ULTRAs are awesome!

Originally Posted By: oldhp
I bought 6 FRAM XG9018 for wife's Equinox 2.4 for $42.96 shipped. These are the cartridge type filters. The FRAM makes the PUROLATOR synthetics look like a childs toy oil filter. FRAM has convinced me these ULTRAs are awesome!

That Silverado with the 4.3 have enough move in it? The numbers on that new 4.3 liter are pretty good.

Originally Posted By: oldhp

Indeed they are awesome.

SOGEFI is a licensee builder and distributor of FRAM filters in Europe. 90% of what FRAM sells in the USA is built in Greenville Ohio or Albion Illinois. FRAM Filtration is privately and 100% owned by the Rank Group which has a single owner, Graeme Hart.

CapitalTruck, Yes it will go pretty darn good. I don't haul/pull anything so don't know on that part of it. All 100% stock pulling 25MPG with 90%'ish highway driving. Love it.

You would be suprised to learn how close you are to being correct. EG accounts for more than 80% of FRAM sales. TG is 10% and XG is less than 10% just rounding out. We keep trying to get our customers (big box stores and indy auto parts stores) to stock XG and the pushback is that it is too expensive. What is protecting your car (biggest investment next to your house) worth? If more people bought TG and XG, stores would stock more inventory and part numbers. Any suggestions from BITOG members how we educate the general public to use better filters? A Cory Mac die cast FRAM dragster to the best suggestion.

"An Expensive Oil is Best Served Straight, Not on the Rocks." (Large type)

(Picture of ultra clean, clear oil in a highball glass on the left, on the right, a picture of oil in a highball glass with a pile of contaminants in the bottom in the 20 micron range [talc powder, for example] that most oil filters don't clean out but the Fram Ultra does)

"Fram Ultra Filters clean out 99% of particles in the 20 micron range, the others simply don't."

Scan the QR Code and See the Proof for Yourself (QR code links to independent test results of Fram Ultra, followed by competitors and maybe even lesser Frams)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back