Fram Ultra Models that have been discontinued? Crossreference?

The version for the Quest and Villager use a upright mount as an concession to Ford - and it can fit a 3600/FL-1A no problem. If that mount works on a Pathfinder/Hardbody that can open the door for filters.
Hmm, I've never seen that before. I know the VG30 oil filter is on the side but the VG33 has the mount up front, using a 7317 size. Most guys on the forum who swap the 3.3 into the pathfinder keep that mount, but I can see on my Xterra where the block mount is blocked off with a plate.
The XG2870A is probably a better choice than the 3600 because it's the same size as the 3600 but has a 22psi bypass valve vs 12psi valve on the 3600.
I know I tried a 3600 that I bought by accident years ago and it didn't fit, but that was a different Pathfinder that I don't own anymore, maybe the engine sat differently in the cradle. The VW spec filter was on for an entire road trip, I drove it from Ottawa to Halifax, then Cape Breton and back. It didn't blow up or seem to make any difference lol.
Don’t use a filter just because it screws on. Use the proper spec filter. There are other brands out there besides a Fram if you insist on a “premium“ filter. Or just use the ToughGuard. It really doesn’t matter. I know I know ghasts!! Oversized filters should be avoided IMO. I believe fitting an oversized filter actually lowers filtering efficiency.
Not loyal to Fram (or any brand really), just liked the ultra filter as it seemed like a good quality part and get a discount at the store that carries them here. Don't get a discount at Napa and everything in Canada is overpriced. I am only using their part numbers as they seem like the most common. I have used the toughguard in the past with good results. I had slow oil pressure build up issues with the Napa gold filters.

Fram PH5 is oversize for PH30

Ph977a (Wix 51773) is oversize for Ph7328, Ph16, PH8a...
There's also the PH373 that's an oversize for the PH5 and PH30, but I was looking for models that are available in an Ultra the 977a and 373 are only available as extra gaurds, the only bigger Ultra than a PH5 or PH8a that I know of is the XG3786, which is over 4in in diameter and 7 inches long with at 1.5"-16 thread, I think the only thing that it fits is the 7.3L Powerstoke.

Back