Fram Ultra Inlet Holes

I have seen multiple instances of QC issues on the E Cores lately from double end caps, gaps between the glued filter media seam, etc
Hmmm, I thought the e-core thing was fixed? I have an e-core on one of my rigs - supertech MP. Should I be concerned?

5,000 miles. 6-8 months. But I may go to 6,000 miles, 8 months when I switch to full synthetic.

As for the other persons reply on sticking with the PF47E, because I want superior filtration, PF47E is 98% at 30 Microns, and I have seen multiple instances of QC issues on the E Cores lately from double end caps, gaps between the glued filter media seam, etc. Oh and I don't light foot the truck either.

Hi Furious,

My OCI is 6,000 miles and I'll run a Purolator One or a Fram Tough Guard for 2 oil changes. Both are 15K rated with 99% Eff. @20 microns. Here is the table I maintain with a rating method I developed to help me choose a filter based on performance and price. Filter construction is in the remarks if there is a particular feature you want in a filter. If you have any questions, please reach out.

1677802130171.jpg

Hi Furious,

My OCI is 6,000 miles and I'll run a Purolator One or a Fram Tough Guard for 2 oil changes. Both are 15K rated with 99% Eff. @20 microns. Here is the table I maintain with a rating method I developed to help me choose a filter based on performance and price. Filter construction is in the remarks if there is a particular feature you want in a filter. If you have any questions, please reach out.

View attachment 142886
Metal end caps, metal crimped seam, better efficiency than the PF47E, made in USA. And more importantly one that doesn't fail and is readily available by me.

which is why FRAM Ultra is the one I was looking at and I don't mind paying the few dollars extra for the better filter. I was also considering at one point the K&N SO-1001 but their response to me is not sufficient. I asked them to verify if the Walmart listing of 99% efficiency at 30 Microns is accurate but they said they don't list efficiency so if a company can't list basic information like that I personally will avoid it.

Is it? Is there a link to the efficiency info for both filters?
O'reilly's show 98% efficiency at 25-30 Microns for the PF47E as does Walmart, The Supertech equivalent which is identical lists 99% but that is it.

AC Delco lists 30 Microns for both the PF47E and UPF47R. So I think it is safe to say they both filter between 98-99% at 30 Microns which is identical in filtration in my opinion.

Better filtering than what? The Fram?
Better construction, thicker can, 25-30 micron 98%
Better than his current PF47E

than current AC Delco
ACDELCO

Go to RockAuto Home Page

More Information for ACDELCO UPF47R
{Alternate Inventory Numbers: 19391150}
left_arrow_white.png
Continue Shopping

ACDELCO UPF47R
$.50 Rebate Available!
Sale!

qty_down_white.png
qty_up_white.png
$8.20
Price
Add to Cart

[IMG alt="/www.rockauto.com/catalog/images/prevIMGbig.png[/IMG]
1 / 4
Point to Zoom
>
Part image
ACDELCO UPF47R Specifications
Anti-Drain Back ValveYes
Bypass Relief ValveYes
Filter Media MaterialASTM A623
Filter TypeSpin On
Gasket Inside Diameter (IN)2.39
Gasket Inside Diameter (mm)60.7
Gasket Outside Diameter (IN)2.76
Gasket Outside Diameter (mm)70.1
Gasket Thickness (IN)0.28
Gasket Thickness (MM)7
Gasket TypeGasket O-Ring
Height (IN)3.4
Height (MM)86.4
Housing ColorBlack
Inside Thread SizeM18x1.5
Length (IN)3.6
Micron Rating30
Non Slip GripYes
Outer Diameter Bottom (IN)3.01
Outer Diameter Bottom (mm)76.4
Outer Diameter Top (IN)3.05
Outer Diameter Top (mm)77.5
Torque NutNo
Width (IN)3.2
Gold / Professional; Specialty; Ultraguard; Spin-On
An ACDelco Gold Ultraguard Oil Filter provides outstanding protection for demanding uses, such as racing, off-road, and heavy duty truck applications. With 98% multi-pass efficiency at 25-30 microns and burst-strength that is five times greater than normal engine oil operating pressures (as long as the normal engine oil operating pressure is not greater than 51psi), the ACDelco Gold Ultraguard Oil Filter is the clear choice when performance matters.

Features & Benefits:
  • Equipped with 98% multi-pass filtering efficiency at 25-30 microns for outstanding filtering capabilities
  • Designed to withstand five times greater force than most engine operating pressures, after oil reaches operating temperatures, for a longer life
  • Has a thermosetting adhesive seal to keep filtering media in place for dependable performance

star.png
Which Oil Filter Is Right For You?
Driving Style
Filter TypeOil Change IntervalsNormal City / HighwayHeavy TrafficDirty / Dusty ConditionsExtreme WeatherTowing
Economy3,000 - 5,000 Miles
Standard ReplacementOEM Recommended
High Performance / Heavy DutyOEM Recommended

install.png
Oil Change Toolbox
Filter Wrench | Drain Pan | Wheel Chock | Funnel | Absorbent Pad | Splatter Pad | Torque Wrench | Ratchet | Socket Set | Disposable Gloves | Safety Glasses / Mask

ACDelco Quality
ACDelco breaks down their premium portfolio of Original Equipment and Aftermarket parts into two tiers: GM Original Equipment and ACDelco Gold.
GM ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT
GM Original Equipment parts are the true OE parts installed during production or validated by GM—designed, engineered, and tested to rigorous standards and backed by General Motors.
ACDELCO GOLD (PROFESSIONAL)
ACDelco Gold parts are the high-quality alternative to OE parts, manufactured to meet GM expectations for fit, form, and function and backed by General Motors.

It is illegal to dispose of used oil or oil filters in a sanitary landfill or public waterway. Many towns have free hazardous waste drop-off sites, which a quick internet search will help you find.

Warranty Information:
24 Month / Unlimited Mile Limited Warranty
Warranty Details

Equipped with 98% multi-pass filtering efficiency at 25-30 microns for outstanding filtering capabilities
That's kind of a nebulous efficiency spec ... 25-30 microns range. Maybe that's the range across all the model/sizes in the UPR line of filters.

That's kind of a nebulous efficiency spec ... 25-30 microns range. Maybe that's the range across all the model/sizes in the UPR line of filters.

What I would be curious to know if the UPF47R is listed as 98% at 25-30 microns then which is it. I personally do not see how it can be 98% for both 25 and 30 microns on the same filter.

AC Delco needs to do a better job at clarifying and listing filter specifications.

What I would be curious to know if the UPF47R is listed as 98% at 25-30 microns then which is it. I personally do not see how it can be 98% for both 25 and 30 microns on the same filter.
That's what I meant about it could be the range of the entire UPR line of models/sizes. Filter efficiency can be influenced by the size of the oil filter (the total media area). Smaller filters can have a bit more delta-p as they load up, and that can cause the efficiency to suffer a little bit. If you look at the Fram efficiency statement, it's based on the average of 2 or 3 different models/sizes.

Metal end caps, metal crimped seam, better efficiency than the PF47E, made in USA. And more importantly one that doesn't fail and is readily available by me.

which is why FRAM Ultra is the one I was looking at and I don't mind paying the few dollars extra for the better filter. I was also considering at one point the K&N SO-1001 but their response to me is not sufficient. I asked them to verify if the Walmart listing of 99% efficiency at 30 Microns is accurate but they said they don't list efficiency so if a company can't list basic information like that I personally will avoid it.
The Ultra is a super choice especially for your OCI. I too match your philosophy on performance specs; if they can't state them I won't consider the product.

The Fram Ultra is the only oil and air filter I use. Both have 99%+ efficiency @ 20 microns.

The Fram Ultra is the only oil and air filter I use. Both have 99%+ efficiency @ 20 microns.
I am giving the Ultra a run next oil change which is in April.

I believe I have a FRAM Air air filter on my Toyota, seems to be doing great. My Chevy has a Supertech air filter which I will probably switch out to FRAM next change.

Back