Fram True Air caf

Just got one of these, thoughts?
IMG_20210423_133302950.jpg

Cashing in on pandemic buzzwords. I predict these will be novelties in a few years. Looks like a multilayer CAF comparable to a wix XP, no charcoal layer for smells.

HEPA filters are actually better at particulate filtration than n95-- HEPA is 99.97% (n100) at .3mics where as n95 is 95% at .3mics

Too bad they don't include a charcoal layer for odors, but it's nice to see them made in the US as opposed to China like the Fresh Breeze was :)

I'd still rather have a Wix XP/Purolator Boss/Mann FP or Mahle Care Metix, if either are available for a given car.

Bosch makes a HEPA cabin filter, but it is very restrictive, and the reduction in airflow is noticeable.

im surprised they didn't use the word CERAMIC in the description as another selling point, its just a piece of paper media nothing more,nothing less

Just got one of these, thoughts?View attachment 55443
Tried a HEPA last year, can't remember the brand, and it seemed overly restrictive and seemed to affect air output. Also seemed to bend the cardboard frame after putting it on high and the resistance to flow put too much pressure on it. Personally, after that, I'm sticking with plain old cabin filters.

Tried a HEPA last year, can't remember the brand, and it seemed overly restrictive and seemed to affect air output. Also seemed to bend the cardboard frame after putting it on high and the resistance to flow put too much pressure on it. Personally, after that, I'm sticking with plain old cabin filters.
Bosch sold those. From what I read, the potential problems aren’t worth it.

BOSCH also sells non-HEPA CAFs called Work Shop has a WS designation after the part # i installed a BOSCH P3752ws yesterday in my Tacoma truck, the qaulity was about average but had more pleats as opposed to the Walmart Supertech it replaced, also it was made in China which is not unusual these days, i would say 95% are foreign made.

Back