Fram Tough Guard all nitrile now??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard Fram had a “shortage” of silicone ADBVs, but literally every TG 7317 I’ve seen recently has a nitrile ADBV?? For $7+, Fram/First Brands is seriously ripping customers off at this point!
Probably 99% of Fram consumers only know, you can pay me now or pay me later.

Apparently so.😡
20220626_184412.jpg

There's still a lot of old inventory out there. I recently bought two Extra Guards at WM with silicone valves.

Check before you buy.

I've recently found several silicone ADBV orange cans and Tough Guards as well as wire backed Ultras in Walmarts and other stores in my travel throughout the Midwest this summer.

As it is written, seek and thou shalt find or thou must pay inflated prices for similar products at AAP.

Baloney! Other brands that have been using silicone for particular models/tiers still do. IMO, it's just an excuse.

Has anyone thought of contacting First Brands for an explanation?
I did, yesterday, tech support lied their [CENSOREDS] off about it. Back they all went... ^Not sure if this is TG7317 only, but they're a big seller, they seem to turn over faster than others (Honda, Nissan, etc.).

I've recently found several silicone ADBV orange cans and Tough Guards as well as wire backed Ultras in Walmarts and other stores in my travel throughout the Midwest this summer.

As it is written, seek and thou shalt find or thou must pay inflated prices for similar products at AAP.
I was just in AAP yesterday picking up the BOGO Techron. Went and looked at their oil section. Wow are the prices high. Even the FRAM oil was $26.99/5 qt. Brand names were between $31-33.99. They had a table back in the oil section with 5 quart jugs of Quaker State under it and single quart bottles on top. Big ole SALE sign on it. The 5 quart jugs were $27.99 and the single quart bottles were $6.99. Sale? Yikes. No thanks. People must not price oil when they go to purchase it.

EDIT: I was in AutoZone.....but yeah, same.

At this point, the inconsistent application of features in the Fram line of filters is not an unknown.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion; value is a beauty in the eye of the beholder.
If you like it, buy it. If you don't, then don't.
locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back