Fram Synthetic Endurance FE8A Cut Open

Seems to basically be a Royal Purple in a Fram can. However, if Fram rates it at 99% @ 20u maybe the media is slightly different than the media in RPs. Royal Purple shows 99% @ 25u. Their cut-away guts looks just like the Fram Endurance, and even the louvered center tube art looks the same.

1679100688054.png

1679100746453.png

dude needs a new mic.. lispy static. not listening to that.
SQ is baaaad.
Sounds like he is eating the mic keeps going over the high limit.

Smartphone might record better.

Looks like the OG is STILL the media king of the mountain, except the Endurance can is a lot thicker (one of the OG Ultra’s weak points).
Also on the XG8A (and probably the xg5 and similar sized filters) the leaf spring was kind of anemic they had a history of collapsing under the weight of the media cartridge during shipment, the fe8a does appear to have beefier spring.

Seems to basically be a Royal Purple in a Fram can. However, if Fram rates it at 99% @ 20u maybe the media is slightly different than the media in RPs. Royal Purple shows 99% @ 25u. Their cut-away guts looks just like the Fram Endurance, and even the louvered center tube art looks the same.

View attachment 145484

View attachment 145485

You called this right a week ago Zee…

80 percent at 10 microns is really quite good.

Andrews testing in that filter he tested was almost in line with the og Fram Ultra.

These definitely worth $12.97 at Wally World.

View attachment 145484

View attachment 145485

Thanks ZeeOSix for making the connection that the Fram Endurance has nearly identical design as the Royal Purple filter.

With everything we know at this moment about the Fram Endurance, does it have higher filtering efficiency than the Fram Ultra
at 20 microns, 15 microns, 10 microns, etc?

If hard data is not available, what would be your expectation on the Fram Endurance's efficiency versus the Fram Ultra?

Last edited:
Thanks ZeeOSix for making the connection that the Fram Endurance has nearly identical design as the Royal Purple filter.

With everything we know at this moment about the Fram Endurance, does it have higher filtering efficiency than the Fram Ultra
at 20 microns, 15 microns, 10 microns, etc?

If hard data is not available, what would be your expectation on the Fram Endurance's efficiency versus the Fram Ultra?
A few here have emailed Fram and asked what the efficiency is on the new Endurance, and they responded that it's 99% @ 20u. Will wait to see how it's shown on Fram's website when they get the Fram Endurance info up. Ascent's ISO efficiency testing showed that the Royal Purple he tested came in better than what RP advertised ... same thing with the OG Ultra he tested. If Fram shows that the FE is indeed 99% @ 20u then I'll believe them because it's been shown that Fram is honest and maybe even conservative with their advertised filter efficiencies. And Fram typically bases their efficiency rating on 3 different sized filters instead of just the biggest filter they make, which is a better way to do it IMO.

Here's the efficiency testing Ascent did. As bbhero mentioned above, the RP was nearly as good as the OG Ultra at the time that test was done.

efficiency-compairson-graph-pic-2-jpg.59366

Last edited:
Burst strength for the FE9688 is 400 psi. Not like 600 for RP. XG9688 was 360 psi, according to Motor King.

I chatted with Fram, never responded to my email though. At least I received an answer...Happy

OG Ultra XG, a Fram made Fram for ~$8.65-9.00 vs (as noted previous threads) Champ Labs made "Fram" FE (like AAP Fram Drive), ~$13. "Imo", OG Ultra, EZ FTW.

But, sadly the OG Ultra is no more.. As aside, hate that WCW had waste a perfectly good OG Ultra. Otoh, good to see how OG Ultra, still imo the winner in cost, value and content.

All that said, Champ Labs made FE better imo than current XG Ultra. Buyers will decide if FE worth ~$4-4.50 than XG. Be interesting to watch and see how the FE moves (or doesn't) off WM shelves.

Last edited:
I’m gonna have to wait and see these in person. The only way I could get them now is online and with shipping it comes to $20 per filter. I do like that they use the champ style end caps for the cartridge filter though 👍🏻

Attachments

• 46134BE4-C73D-4689-8B9D-8362AFD4814F.jpg
    46134BE4-C73D-4689-8B9D-8362AFD4814F.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 50
Too bad the old Ultra is limited to whatever inventory is available. Video would be more meaningful if they used the new Ultra with the synth over cellulose media without wire backing.

Back