Fram oil filters at Advance Auto

Went to my local AAP this morning and they were removing some Purolator, AC/Delco, and Mann/Hummel oil filters from shelves and replacing with Fram. This same store stopped carrying Fram oil filters about 4 yrs. ago as I recall. Employee stocking the shelves said he was not sure if it was all stores or not.. Has anyone else seen this happening at their local AAP store? I'm wondering if it will be all stores or just select ones to maybe test the market.

It seems every few years our AAP gets a new store manager. Then they make immediate changes.
Some AAPs are corporate run - some independent franchised. Our two McDonalds nearby are the same way.

Makes me wonder if a new contract has been struck between Fram and AAP ??

Could possibly be the case...

They sent all the Frams back when they switched to Puro some years back-I know, because I was watching for the Ultra clearance (which never came, unfortunately)...

Originally Posted by Lubener
Curious if they will be overpriced as most items in the store.

LOL That pretty much goes without saying.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Lubener
Curious if they will be overpriced as most items in the store.

Maybe it is only my experience, but AAP has lower prices compared to Autozone.

Good news, AAP has begun including Fram Titanium and Fram Force oil filters in some of their oil change bundles. I did reach out to AAP to ask if and when they were going to do this and I am glad they have. If you look at the oil price and filter price combined versus how much you could buy the same oil with a Fram Ultra for at the Great Walmart of China, I would say that there are some good deals to be had at AAP.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/s/oil-change-bundle

If they ever run sales on Titanium or Force - at Walmart everyday prices on Fram filters, I'll buy one-of-each. But the current AA oil combo deals are everyday prices at Walmart. So the sale there is nothing special.

My only-2 places for oil and filters these days are Walmart.com (free shipping over $35) and rockauto - where shipping costs are at least reasonable, when buying 4+ oil filters at-a-time at rockauto.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Ignatius
Good news, AAP has begun including Fram Titanium and Fram Force oil filters in some of their oil change bundles. I did reach out to AAP to ask if and when they were going to do this and I am glad they have. If you look at the oil price and filter price combined versus how much you could buy the same oil with a Fram Ultra for at the Great Walmart of China, I would say that there are some good deals to be had at AAP.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/s/oil-change-bundle

Yeah, the Mobil/Titanium deal with the current Mobil 1 rebate is decent (but about the same price as Mobil/Ultra from Walmart).

It seems every few years our AAP gets a new store manager. Then they make immediate changes.
Some AAPs are corporate run - some independent franchised. Our two McDonalds nearby are the same way.

All AAP stores are corporate owned, there are no franchised Advance Auto stores. They do however own CarQuest and there are independently owned Carquest stores out there!

Slightly OT, but I saw posters promoting DieHard batteries coming to AAP-hopefully of the East Penn made variety!
East Penn Batteries are top notch! Have purchased at least $100,000 of their Unigy II batteries over the years (telephone "inside plant" battery banks).

I have an Intimidator AGMs in my vehicles today.

East Penn batts are tried and true.

Last edited:
Nope Mann filters have never been in my area at any parts place they are special order. My AA doesn’t even carry the regular Fram because of the rust issue only the Ultra and I think Titanium is what they carry and they told me they sell occasionally but not as much as the Purolator Boss and Motorcraft and stuff

Nope Mann filters have never been in my area at any parts place they are special order. My AA doesn’t even carry the regular Fram because of the rust issue only the Ultra and I think Titanium is what they carry and they told me they sell occasionally but not as much as the Purolator Boss and Motorcraft and stuff

Where are all these "rusty" Frams? How many "rusty" Frams have you seen posted here in the last 10 years? :ROFLMAO:

Back