Fram Extraguard Air filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fram air filter(Extra Guard or Tough Guard) is good, I used it in my daughter Volvo V70. The filter fits the air box perfectly and it has plenty media pleats with wire-back on the clean side.

Air filters are pretty simple and straight-forward items on a car. I basically only use Fram air filters since they're cheap, and easily available at Walmart. Never had an issue with them.

It's probably OK, but I'd step up to the TGA8755A. The yellow oiled media is awesome.

But my first choice would be the Purolator PureOne PA45314

The pureone i used in my moms car is restrictive on my moms mercury grand marquis. I know this for a fact.

Here is how i know, My mom lives near a lightly traveled newly paved road i stop at one point and punch it with the traction control on so the wheels don't spin and i don't let off the gas until i hit where the speed limit 50 sign is and there is always around a 10mph difference in speed every time. With the motorcraft the speed is 84-86 with the puerone its around 75-77 The pureone robs some horse power although im sure it cleans the air very well and mom never punches it anyway so i guess its ok. I did four runs two with each filter all with qsud 5w20. Just my opinion no special equipment used.
Both filters were brand new at the time of the test ( i brought the pureone back)

The TG8755 is made in the same plant as the ACDelco filters so I would have no problems running the Fram TG filter. The Extraguard is made in a different plant since it has different printing and plant codes.

oG11EOS.jpg

hvnXl6P.jpg

Originally Posted By: wirelessF
The TG8755 is made in the same plant as the ACDelco filters so I would have no problems running the Fram TG filter. The Extraguard is made in a different plant since it has different printing and plant codes.

Interesting!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back