FRAM EXTRA GUARD 10890 CUT OPEN

I agree it seems like a decent filter especially for the price you paid. That being said only Mopar or Fleetguard are going on my 6.7L Cummins.

Just my $0.02

I truly dont think filters matter much. Never had an engine oil related failure and to keep overhead low have always run the cheapest filter I can get.

Doesnt matter much anyways on the cummins 6.7ISB. Cummins only rates the engine for half of the lifespan as a Powerstroke or Detroit Diesel. (don't get mad at me its per Cummins own webpage) I tried running Cummins and they didnt hold up or work out in my fleet.

I truly dont think filters matter much. Never had an engine oil related failure and to keep overhead low have always run the cheapest filter I can get.

Doesnt matter much anyways on the cummins 6.7ISB. Cummins only rates the engine for half of the lifespan as a Powerstroke or Detroit Diesel. (don't get mad at me its per Cummins own webpage) I tried running Cummins and they didnt hold up or work out in my fleet.

To each their own on filter choices. I just put another Mopar on my Cummins today.

I can appreciate what you’re saying about the Cummins. Again to each their own. I personally wouldn’t own a power stroke. I like the look of the truck but will stick with my Cummins. No hard feelings at all.

Just my $0.02

The way the 6.7 PSDs are breaking cranks, I would consider them pretty risky. I like your idea of the V10 & running them to failure better (since the engine replacement cost is reasonable).

The way the 6.7 PSDs are breaking cranks, I would consider them pretty risky. I like your idea of the V10 & running them to failure better (since the engine replacement cost is reasonable).

Never had a PSD 6.7 break a crank / never heard of it happening / the V10s are retired / its the Godzilla 7.3 gas now. I prefer gas over diesel but diesel is the best option for my company. The B10 life of the PSD6.7 is 500k miles and the B50 life is 1mil. Cummins 6.7 has a B10 of 250k miles and a B50 of 350k miles.

Back