Fram EG PH7317 have black silicone adbv ?

One of the reasons I've questioned the validity of their claims about the "upgraded" Ultra, so many weird mistakes in the "experimental" replacement media snippet posted here, and now this stuff... 🤷‍♂️
It would only cost $2000 to find out. 😄

Every other one have orange silicone adbv .
Red or black ... looks like black this time. :D

Roulette Wheelgif.gif

Those seem to be decent, but the orange cans and TGs aren't worth the $7 and $9 price tags imo.
Fram oil filter prices right now shown on Walmart's website. Maybe you have to order them on-line to get the better price these days. Of course some Fram filter models are priced differently too.

1661645767121.jpg

Fram oil filter prices right now shown on Walmart's website. Maybe you have to order them on-line to get the better price these days. Of course some Fram filter models are priced differently too.

View attachment 114417
I was there 2 days ago, these prices are accurate with the exception of the Orange can, it was $4.17. That is here in Texas, not sure about other areas though. They will match their online price as long as it's Walmart.com, not some other site.

I'm sure First Brands is trying to jack up profit margins (stonks), but they're going to struggle to maintain market share with these new prices. I wouldn't be surprised if their market share erodes, in fact. Price was one of Fram's best attributes. It's the same thing with Trico wipers. They're really nothing special, even sub-average, but their prices keep climbing out of step with their quality. I hope they take it in the shorts on this.

I've been running Wix XP filters in my F150 and regular Wix filters in our Traverse for the last year. Fram XG with orange ADBV still in kids cars but looking to switch to Motomaster OE plus filters for them.

I purchased three of them from Amazon this month- $4.12 @ , all three have the black nitrile valve.

I purchased three of them from Amazon this month- $4.12 @ , all three have the black nitrile valve.
It’s hard for me to using nitrile oil filter after using silicone adbv. Even though I know dam well NONE of the car will care for it . And I know it will be just fine for normal OCI . It’s just the mine thing .

It’s hard for me to using nitrile oil filter after using silicone adbv. Even though I know dam well NONE of the car will care for it . And I know it will be just fine for normal OCI . It’s just the mine thing .
Same here, after cutting dozens of them open and seeing first hand that there is a significant difference between the two in terms of flexibility, I figure why go with nitrile when silicone is available for the same price, or even less.

Even some TG’s have nitrile.

I’m guessing they just haven’t updated their packaging since changing the products.

Went to WALMART yesterday and the PH9688 and PH7317 are nitrile . The 9688 was over $9 . Might as well go with the TOUGH GUARD or try the new ULTRA .

Back