FRAM CORE #10060 CUT OPEN

Dunno, I don’t shop at Wal mart much. I’ll gladly support Rural King. Everyone always hates on FRAM here; always have and they always will.
Frams aren't that bad but they're not great either. An extra guard 10575 is just over $6 and a 10060 is just under $5. A fram ultra though well you know how that gets cat called on here. But I'd rather just use a supertech if I wanted cheaper at the same quality.

people can't expect much for a $20 Wally's special with 5 quarts of what I believe is Quaker state conventional, tire pressure check, battery check I think, and some greasing if I'm not mistaken. Designed to meet the job because if there were horrible I think Walmart and other fram core using places would've been sued or we'd be hearing about it. Honestly a good filter considering how cheap it probably is. Probably just a dollar for Walmart to get with their B2B economy.

They will credit you something like $2.10 toward another filter...

Does anyone know why Walmart uses Quaker state and not their own Warren distributed supertech stuff? Don't see why other than just convincing people it's good because it's a brand name although i doubt many people who get a $20 change care.

I think they switched to Castrol.

Course they will use any oil and filter they have on the shelf, but it is extra $ at least they would last time i used them which was quite a while back...

OH thanks for the C&P Adam, definitely not a shining example...

They will credit you something like $2.10 toward another filter...

I think they switched to Castrol.

Course they will use any oil and filter they have on the shelf, but it is extra $ at least they would last time i used them which was quite a while back...

OH thanks for the C&P Adam, definitely not a shining example...
My Walmarts got rid of Sastrol from bulk a few years ago, looking at the inventory checker looks like they still only have Castrol synthetic in bulk not GTX (Ultraclean)

Good thing that LS wasn't one of the new, higher oil pressure engines-that would have been a total collapse!
Oil filter media is only stressed from the delta-p caused by the oil flow, not the total oil pressure. The can and base seal gasket however are stressed from the total oil pressure.

Everyone always hates on FRAM here; always have and they always will.
Pretty broad brush. Plenty of people here like Fram. If you were somehow able to poll all 73,000+ members of BITOG, I'm sure you would find the Fram haters to be the minority, just more vocal about it.

Same! Actually just slapped on a TG10060 on my father's Tahoe earlier today and see no reason to save $2 for these lol
The CORE is closer to the standard Orange Can Extra Guard. If I’m not mistaken, the CORE is most often used as a shop filter. Walmart T&E have been known to use them. I won’t use the Extra Guard.

Pretty broad brush. Plenty of people here like Fram. If you were somehow able to poll all 73,000+ members of BITOG, I'm sure you would find the Fram haters to be the minority, just more vocal about it.
From reading on here before I joined there was quite a lot of folks that disliked fram. Maybe times have changed, dunno

From reading on here before I joined there was quite a lot of folks that disliked fram. Maybe times have changed, dunno
I dislike the Extra Guard and will not use one ever. I don’t have a problem with the Tough Guard or Ultra Guard on my mower. I haven’t tried FRAM’s cartridge filters and wouldn’t have a problem using one on either my VW or F-150.

The CORE is closer to the standard Orange Can Extra Guard. If I’m not mistaken, the CORE is most often used as a shop filter. Walmart T&E have been known to use them. I won’t use the Extra Guard.

Not sure for the 10060 model of the Core but for my other motor the 9688 model core is way different then the Extra Guard....seems to resemble the champ lab made supertech filters actually. I'll use extra guards on my personal motors without issue but won't put a core on them. Strange the difference in build between the 10060 and 9688 models on the core though!

I dislike the Extra Guard and will not use one ever. I don’t have a problem with the Tough Guard or Ultra Guard on my mower. I haven’t tried FRAM’s cartridge filters and wouldn’t have a problem using one on either my VW or F-150.
Yeah, they look like smacked a$&@ most of the time. I use tough guard or ultra

Back