AC DELCO PF63E CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening Bitogers
smile.gif

Off the brothers friends 17' Chevy Tahoe. 49,xxx on it as he travels to plants in Meadville and Raleigh and other places in the eastern U.S.A. Had AC DELCO 0w20 oil and this filter in and on for 7,400 miles. I put a FRAM ULTRA he supplied and M1 EP 0W20.

Nothing bad to see either
wink.gif

20190508_180917.jpg

20190508_180728.jpg

20190508_180933.jpg

20190508_180943.jpg

20190508_180948.jpg

20190508_180954.jpg

20190508_181011.jpg

20190508_181017.jpg

Yeah, I have never been an e-core fan. Those pleats look so wavy. Fram Ultra was a good call. I am only going to run the Fram Ultra filters on my GM vehicles.

Originally Posted by GM4LIFE
Yeah, I have never been an e-core fan. Those pleats look so wavy. Fram Ultra was a good call. I am only going to run the Fram Ultra filters on my GM vehicles.

Wavy? Tough audience....

Originally Posted by addyguy
Looks good, thanks for the post!

You are welcome sir
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 4WD
I have yet to see that … but just run them 5K …

Yeah, I saw some of yours; all looked well
wink.gif

I just bought a case … $4 each and free shipping … going to leave an RP 20-500 on for second round but then start using more of the E's … don't think the world will end if I do and should have them used up by the 12 year deadline …
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 4WD
I just bought a case … $4 each and free shipping … going to leave an RP 20-500 on for second round but then start using more of the E's … don't think the world will end if I do and should have them used up by the 12 year deadline …
wink.gif

Sounds like a great plan. Where ya get them $4 each?

Thanks

P.S. interested in seeing the RP 20-500 cut soon
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 4WD
eBay … it will be a while but will do …

Need to get to work you slacker 4wd
lol.gif

That's on her wheels … mine have been busier than a one eyed dog in a smokehouse

I don't see anything wrong with these filter even though they get a bad rap. My Silverado calls for them by part number in the manual, and the one I've cut open myself (and the others I've seen online) looked great. I'll continue to use them since they're inexpensive and meet all GMs specs.

Another great C & P. Thanks again. I can't help you regarding a good cell phone deal. I don't own one. Irishman

Originally Posted by K20FA5
I don't see anything wrong with these filter even though they get a bad rap. My Silverado calls for them by part number in the manual, and the one I've cut open myself (and the others I've seen online) looked great. I'll continue to use them since they're inexpensive and meet all GMs specs.

I have not had any issues with eCores.

As usual, Good C&P.
Thanks

Originally Posted by Irishman
Another great C & P. Thanks again. I can't help you regarding a good cell phone deal. I don't own one. Irishman

Thank You sir, friend is still searching

Originally Posted by K20FA5

This is completely unacceptable BITOGer attitude!

You need to be obsessing about filter efficiency and holding capacity - - - until it keeps you lying awake at night....

and don't forget that is must have a silicone anti-drainback valve, because all of your valve guides will fall out on a cold morning start-up without one.

Yeah … folks here act like nitrile grows on rubber trees … in reality there's an endless list of nitrile seals and components … and like everything else it varies in quality … They do just fine in my 5k-7k vertical applications …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back