FP60 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pretty simple question actually... are there any downsides (other than "wasting product") to regularly using 1.5oz/5-gallons of gas? Will it hurt anything / negatively affect anything in the engine or fuel system?

No. 1oz/5gal. is the doseage required to "treat" the fuel and hence, keep things burning clean.

If it means anything, I once used 12 oz in my 14 gallon tank. The system is still tight and has no leaks. That was back in December, it would have shown problems by now if it was going to happen.

I normally use about 8 oz as a cleaning dose. Car doesn't seem to notice otherwise. I am not sure I want to use it as a main. dose type thing since i dont think it does much, in my car at least. I prefer to use it as a cleanup additive.

I use a mix of lucas and mmo for everytank instead.

I want to add, the 12 oz dose I used was my last effort to clear an injector "hiss" I had at high throttle operation. Nothing else worked on it, I added the high dose and within 50-80 miles, the hiss was all gone.

I stopped using the FP and within about 600 miles, the sound was back. My injector must be sensitive to fuel I think. I fully credit the FP60 for clearing the problem.

I believe you can safely triple the treat rate (and it used to be recommended when you first started using it to do deep cleaning). Too much of a good thing can be bad, but I think you have to go pretty far before you do damage.

In short, you are just wasting it if you overdose. I generally add 4oz every time I fill up in a 25 gallon tank. I usually put in between 15-21 gallons, but I like to put it in before I fill up so that it mixes better (so I never fully know how much fuel I am going to use).

I ran 1 oz/gal for several tanks when I first started using it in both cars and run about that in the bike the first few tanks in the spring to clean out any gunk that forms in the carbs over the winter and have not had any problems from it. One year before I put a fuel filter inline on the bike it started up & ran like a john deer tractor, put about 10 oz in the 4 gal tank & by the time I went 2 mi down the road it was back to running like normal. Whatever got into it was cleared out. Replaced the piece of exhaust pipe that comes off the exhaust manifold last summer on my car a 93 corolla. About a month ago replaced the exhaust manifold because it was cracked, the O2 sensor which was new & replaced with the pipe was clean so the heavier dose doesn't look like it bothered it.

I regularly use 1.5oz FP 60/5 gal.of fuel in my 67 Mustang. Works fine. I mainly use the cleaner to enhance intake valve cleanliness. Yes, it keeps the underside of the valves clean. John--Las Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back