FP60 diesel MPG increases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please post your results of using FP60 in the diesel fuels of ANY diesel application. Small or large.

I am interested if the general diesel user is seeing the same or better MPG % increases using FP60.

I am particularly interested in FP60 used alone as the sole variable change.

Thanks.

I'm on my second tank with FP60 and have not seen any increase in mpg. I do use an additive at each fill up and was using Stanadyne PF until the switch.

96 MB E300D we noted some economy increase using FP60. This has been alternating over about 20 tanks (~11k miles), with about 25k miles of data before then. Without FP, the car would typically average 31-33 MPG, and with FP60, in the same profile, we have gotten typically 32-36. There is some overlap because at some points we have been alternating tanks - so the data are not necessarily 100% sound - but a trend certianly has been noticed... All other things staying the same.

This is contrary to all gasoline engine results, where no statistically significant increases have been noted. I think diesels can gain more from additives - I know my 83 MB LOVED rotella DFA!

JMH

Within variability of driving conditions, and possibly fuel quality , no reported gains over other DFA's to report here, over last 2000 miles, compared to prior 8000 miles using various DFA's , Treat ratios of DFA's ussually at recommended rates to 1.5 x recommended rates either straight or mixes.
Last few half tanks mpg, hand calculated filling to neck ( avg of 20-25 gal per interval) :
17.2 Howes + 2cycle oil (amount 2 cycle oil generally 8 oz to 40 gal. )
17.1 PS diesel Kleen
17.0--- ended ARX clean phase, changed oil to Castrol Tection Extra 15-40 , FP60 mixed with whatever was prior treat ment. might have thown in the last of the Howes in this tank too.
16.8 -- no adds used to knock down residual concentration
16.5 --- started using FP60 exclusively 1oz / 5 gal.
17.1 --- conciously tried to keep speed to between 60 to 65, with some excursions to 70mph going downhill)

No recent data on untreated pump diesel in the past 10,000 mi. , but prior testing indicates generally about .5 to 1 mpg less for pump diesel.

Terry,

As per your recommendations, I've been running it for the past 7,000 miles now, and I can't discern any appreciable mileage increases or decreases.

While I hardly performed a controlled experiment, my real-world experience is that FP60 isn't a huge fuel mileage increaser.

Hope this helps,

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back