FP Plus Still in Good Graces Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see much excitement about Fuel Power Plus around here anymore. Seems like when Terry Dyson was around, it received more attention.

Is it still used by many here with good results? Has the formulation change to FP Plus worked out o.k.?

I ask because my FP 60 is running out and I'm ready to buy more.

Thanks.

I just keep running FP60. I didnt notice any real difference using FP Plus, and I dont have any real way to indicate that the treat rates can be lower besides the suggestion on the bottle.

I like LC20 as well - it surelyhelped produce top notch wear rates in my engines.

I think it is just something that is not as hyped because many of the long-timers arent in trial mode anymore, and I don't think that anyone really pays attention to the ads...

I still use FP Plus. It is even more economical (1 oz/gal) than FP 60. It doesn't give dramatic or anecdotal results so it is hard to get excited about.

With Terry and LCD not participating here it doesn't get much attention like it used to.
I'm curious if we'll see a similar effect with ARX with Frank gone.

still using it, 1 oz per 10 gallons, and Shell 93 V-power
cheers3.gif

i haven't had any problems with the new high alcohol content gas. Alot of people i know, including my father (who always uses stabil) have had problems with the new gas sitting, not me with fp60. i'll try fp-plus when i run out. i have also never had a diesel fuel gelling issue using FP-60 but did once with stanadyne.

I also started using it(FP+) several months back. I can't definitively say that my mpg has increased or anything, but I have noticed pretty consistent good idle on my old beater. If anything, I just see it as preventative maintenance to try to eek as much life out of my car as possible. Love the LC20 stuff too.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
I still use FP Plus. It is even more economical (1 oz/gal) than FP 60. It doesn't give dramatic or anecdotal results so it is hard to get excited about.

With Terry and LCD not participating here it doesn't get much attention like it used to.
I'm curious if we'll see a similar effect with ARX with Frank gone.

The above should read (1 oz / 10 gal)

FP+ Gas and diesel both regularly. No fuel issues, good starting, smooth idling and lubrication for the injectors and pumps. Boring, but effective.

Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ] i thought most of the attacks on Frank and his posts were petty and unjustified

Absolutely. And one member in particular was a real jerk in most threads where the product was brought up.

Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ] i thought most of the attacks on Frank and his posts were petty and unjustified

Its pretty sad when one comes up with an amazing product and have idoits bashing him for something they have no clue about.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Its pretty sad when one comes up with an amazing product and have idoits bashing him for something they have no clue about.

+1
thumbsup2.gif

I've been using FP off and on for years (only "off" time is when I run out!) Personally I think it's an excellent product, but since it's almost impossible to "prove" that it works, people don't seem to get excited about it. Most people want immediate and noticeable results. FP is not that type of product, it's a long term product.

I use it religiously in the Legend and the Civic with excellent results. My girlfriend has taken to calling it "orange juice", as in "I need you to refill the orange juice bottle, I'm all out." Good stuff.

Originally Posted By: AcuraTech

My girlfriend has taken to calling it "orange juice", as in "I need you to refill the orange juice bottle, I'm all out." Good stuff.

Man,
She is a "KEEPER".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back