Found a super bargin last night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so excited and my wife couldn't figure out why. We decided to stop into Wal-mart last night and I made my way to the oil. I run 5w-30 or 0w-30 and noticed that the Mobil1 0w-30 was no longer on the shelf in the 5 quart jug. There wasn't even a spot for it. Dissapponted I moved on and then there it was, in the clearance section. 5 quart jugs of the Mobil1 0w-30AFE for $15 each. I grabbed the four that were left and was like a kid on x-mas morning. I thought that this was a heck of a deal and just thought I'd share. Must be that that particular Wal-mart must not be carrying the Mobil1 0w-30 AFE anymore in the jugs. They still had the 0w20 and 0w30 in the quarts but they are like $6 and change each. Well, got my next 4 oil changes coverd. At $3 a quart, you can't beat that!!

Lucky duck, seriously, my wal mart clearance section is usually junk oils marked down by 50 cents, 1 dollar max, so not much of a deal at all. Congrats! Nothing wrong with building up an oil stash for future use

Don't ya just love those scores? Congradulations!

A buddy and I were cruising through PepBoys(one Saturday morning) and found a discount table with items all for a $1.
smile.gif

He grabbed all of the qts of Castrol Motor Cycle Oil in IIRC, 15W50 for his BMW's and a couple of qts of Pennzoil Syncromesh Grear Lube and I grabbed anything oil(HM's, Blends, 10W40, 30 etc.) Everything was current spec. Along with a bunch of detail products that I like to use after washing the cars.

Love it!

Sounds like a good catch. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.....wonder if it's a company-wide mark-down soon....? Cause the 0W-20 and 0W-30 doesn't move much at my local store....hehe. Maybe they'll be clearancing it out soon.

Then again, maybe it's just them redoing their department for the "seasons"? And they think the "0W" oils are only stocked during "winter"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back