Fort McMurray Fire 80,000 evacuated

Status
Not open for further replies.
shocked2.gif

Sad. 20C higher temperatures than normal? Thats crazy. They said that a similar effect occurred last el nino in 97-99.

Originally Posted By: Al
Scientific American...
http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...global-warming/
Actually the western hemisphere is on a + 250 year drought cycle as shown to me by a Forester not receiving grants from any foundations. We were at Boy Scout for the week Above Chester California and a dad,the Forester brought the adults out when the Scouts were taking Merit Badge classes in the morning. He took a core sample from a huge Fir tree and we counted the rings while we learned about how tree rings show the growth over the years. That is before any major industrial revolution. Just because something is written in a publication doesn't mean it is actual fact or truth. Learn to discern.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: Al
Scientific American...
http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...global-warming/
Actually the western hemisphere is on a + 250 year drought cycle as shown to me by a Forester not receiving grants from any foundations. We were at Boy Scout for the week Above Chester California and a dad,the Forester brought the adults out when the Scouts were taking Merit Badge classes in the morning. He took a core sample from a huge Fir tree and we counted the rings while we learned about how tree rings show the growth over the years. That is before any major industrial revolution. Just because something is written in a publication doesn't mean it is actual fact or truth. Learn to discern.
You can't trust History. Didn't you hear? Only computer models can be trusted.

I hauled a load of cots to the evacuation camp at the Anzac recreation centre. Anzac is a small community to the southeast of Fort McMurray. I didn't see the Fort, but I can sure attest to how insane the southbound traffic was. Every town with a gas station was blockaded with lines of vehicles trying to refuel. At one point the northbound side of highway 63 was swamped with southbound traffic. I had to just stick to the shoulder and force my way though. Anzac was a traffic nightmare, I had to make a mad dash down the wrong side of the road to avoid the hours long line leading to the Esso station. Some of the volunteers who helped to offload my rig where people who had lost everything. My entire night was frustration, sadness and chaos. I'm happy to be home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back