Ford Yellow compatibility

So i had to have the ecoboost in my 2014 F150 replaced. They put in “Maxlife 50/50 Antifreeze” according to the invoice and some random thermostat. Well i noticed after getting the truck back that it was running hot so i called and they said they would replace the t-stat with a motorcraft.

Well i get it back yesterday and its still running hot so i drain the coolant and pop the thermostat out. Its a Motorad, not a Motorcraft.

Now the issue. I have some concentrated Motorcraft yellow coolant but I noticed it not the same color as what came out of the truck, which is when i checked the invoice. This is how the two look side by side(Motorcraft on the left):

496400BB-8A97-4012-B8EE-ECBA1CF42A1F.jpeg

How worried should I be about mixing the two? Anyone know what Valvoline coolant this might be? Its more yellow or gold colored than the Motorcraft stuff. Maybe G-05?

Reactions: pb
The Motorcraft t-stats have been on backorder for a few months. We have been having to scramble and get whatever we can get.
They are still jack asses because they said they got one and even put the Motorcraft part number on the invoice.

My biggest concern is what coolant they used and if its comparible with the Motorcraft yellow. For all I know its HOAT or some other stuff

obviously bulk all makes all models coolant is going to be compatible with ford orange/dexcool. yellow is backwards compatible

don’t worry about it

Motorcraft Yellow is Prestone Cor-Guard. Maxlife is compatible with it.

Sneaky thing to do about the thermostat, even if there's a supply issue. It's also possible that Ford reboxed a Motorad :sneaky:

I would do a few drain and refills with distilled water and the final fill with Motorcraft. You can barely tell the level with MC, probably can't with the other stuff at all.

175.JPG

So I am at work today and was just lazily going through my stock number and wouldn't you know it, there were 2 BL3Z-8575-B t-stats in my stock order. I checked the order dates and I had ordered them 25Aug. Just checked if I would order more today and they are indicating maybe March of 2023 I might see more.

So I am at work today and was just lazily going through my stock number and wouldn't you know it, there were 2 BL3Z-8575-B t-stats in my stock order. I checked the order dates and I had ordered them 25Aug. Just checked if I would order more today and they are indicating maybe March of 2023 I might see more.
I would use a Stant Superstat as an alternative to Motorcraft. I never had a problem with the Superstats. The low end Stant's are another story. It's not worth waiting for a Motorcraft.

G05 is more yellow than what you drained out.

I would use a Stant Superstat as an alternative to Motorcraft. I never had a problem with the Superstats. The low end Stant's are another story. It's not worth waiting for a Motorcraft.

G05 is more yellow than what you drained out.

This is what i just put in. I had one from a while ago before I went to a 180F tstat

And it solved the issue of getting to hot. I was hitting 229F on hills with the Motorad. I havent seen over 200F yet with the stant

Back