Ford Syn Blend 5w20 vs Supertech Fully Syn 5w20

Time for a oil change on my Ford Explorer. I have always used the ford syn blend 5w20, from new. Now done 54000miles.

Recommended oil change interval 7500, but I usually do it around 6000 intervals. Even if I use the fully synthetic 5w20, from Supertech. Will still change at 6000 intervals. Still use OEM oil filter, every oil change.

What's your opinion stick with the Ford Syn Blend 5w20? Or go to Supertech fully syn 5w20?

It's not a price issue, but the Supertech cost less.

Supertech gets my vote between those two. SynBlends can have a very low percentage of synthetic and still be labeled a blend. Supertech is made by Warren Oil (who also makes Amazon Basics, Kirkland (Costco), Mag 1, and others) and is good oil.
Unless there's Exxon Mobil Group II in there, it's approximately 50 percent group III to meet SN, probably more for SP. Still better off with ST.

Unless there's Exxon Mobil Group II in there, it's approximately 50 percent group III to meet SN, probably more for SP. Still better off with ST.

Pretty much this, Motorcraft has always had a reputation is a legit syn-blend. In any case I think there is a question as to whether Ford Motorcraft may only be available as a synthetic in the near future.

As for the OP question, you can't go wrong with either but ST is a bargain....

I have been using ST for many years - syn and conv. Always slept well at night.

The Motorcraft is a fine oil, however and if they both meet your engine's requirements, it's probably splitting hairs.
I do like the red bottle of MC over ST.

Thanks for all your advice. I believe I will be hopefully upgrading from Ford Motorcraft to 5w20 full syn, Supertech.
Interesting point brought up. Kirkland is also the same as Supertech. Looks like I might be visiting Costco!! 😆

Also, as most of you probably know! There are some fantastic videos of testing motor oils on YouTube. Supertech and Kirkland are very well respected by the people who test them.

I walked past the super tech full syn many times on my way to the MC syn blend. Same isle at wallymart. Definitely not the same price. Especially if you're buying a make up quart to get to a six quart fill. Now super tech full syn most of the time. Better price and I push the change out another thousand or miles.

Thanks for all your advice. I believe I will be hopefully upgrading from Ford Motorcraft to 5w20 full syn, Supertech.
Interesting point brought up. Kirkland is also the same as Supertech. Looks like I might be visiting Costco!! 😆

Also, as most of you probably know! There are some fantastic videos of testing motor oils on YouTube. Supertech and Kirkland are very well respected by the people who test them.
I have not done a price check lately, but looking online this morning it is $27.00 for two 5 quart jugs. I beleive my local Costco also has 12 quart pack too (not sure of the price). -- Kirkland 0W-20

Walmart has the 12 pack for $30.00 so it is a better deal (unless the Kirkland is similarly priced--then it would be whichever store is more convenient) - SuperTech 0W-20

Back