FORD Replacement Wheel Bearing Garbage Right Out the Box

"Mazda shares platforms and drivelines with Ford and Toyota, Mitsubishi is allied with Fiatsler and Hyundai in GEMS and platform shares with Chrysler.

Camry, Accord, Frontier, several Acuras, Civic, Tacoma - all are made in the US and the list goes on and on. Here's a list of all the Japanese cars made in the US as of 2017: https://www.businessinsider.com/all-the-japanese-cars-made-in-the-usa-2017-
11"

Mazda has not had any connection with Ford for years. That is what SkyActiv is. As for Business Insider, consider anything you read from them with a shaker full of salt. 🧂. A lot of that is outdated information.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Mitsubishi is allied with Fiatsler and Hyundai in GEMS and platform shares with Chrysler.

FCA has no involvement with Mitsu or Hyundai anymore - GEMA is now under FCA control but those engines are still tailored to the former partner's needs.

FCA, however does buy a few things from Hyundai.

GM is even worse with their hub assembly's aka wheel bearings made in China!!!! todays cars are a crap shoot + all the unnecessary trinkets many buyers want makes things even WORSE!!!!

We usually have good luck with the replacement hub bearings. I have to make a mental note tomorrow to check stock at my work. I thought I saw one either on the shelf or in our obsolescence parts area (2 years with no movement).

Originally Posted by Falcon_LS

The Koreans have come a long way, much like the Japanese compared to the 60s and 70s. In fact, if I was buying a brand spanking new car right now, I would pick a Hyundai/Kia over a Toyota or Honda the way their cars are built. YMMV.

I thought this too, then I bought a Hyundai, two of them actually, lots of little things start to wear quickly. Suspension on the 2011 Elantra was crap by 70k, so was the engine. 2016 Sonata held up better, but the engine started showing signs by around 70k, too. The 2011 Corolla was basically like new when I traded it at 110k.

Given their track record with the 2.0/2.4 Theta II and 1.8 Nu engines, I don't see how anyone could prefer them to Toyota or Honda with a serious face, at least as far as reliability/build quality is concerned. I'd like to see them go at least 5 model years without serious engine issues first.

Sometimes even good parts are damaged when they are installed. It's possible......

, I can get 1960s parts from Toyota, 70s parts from Nissan

I can't get a fuel filter bracket/clamp for my 1998 Nissan Frontier. It's been discontinued. Fortunately I was able to get it apart (it's rusted) without it breaking.

Both of the cruise control switches are also discontinued. Fortunately there is Ebay.

Originally Posted by Falcon_LS

The Koreans have come a long way, much like the Japanese compared to the 60s and 70s. In fact, if I was buying a brand spanking new car right now, I would pick a Hyundai/Kia over a Toyota or Honda the way their cars are built. YMMV.

I thought this too, then I bought a Hyundai, two of them actually, lots of little things start to wear quickly. Suspension on the 2011 Elantra was crap by 70k, so was the engine. 2016 Sonata held up better, but the engine started showing signs by around 70k, too. The 2011 Corolla was basically like new when I traded it at 110k.

Given their track record with the 2.0/2.4 Theta II and 1.8 Nu engines, I don't see how anyone could prefer them to Toyota or Honda with a serious face, at least as far as reliability/build quality is concerned. I'd like to see them go at least 5 model years without serious engine issues first.
The new Hyundai smart stream engines are built and tested up to 200k from what I’m hearing. Toyota and Honda better watch out

The new Hyundai smart stream engines are built and tested up to 200k from what I’m hearing. Toyota and Honda better watch out
Lots of Hyundais in rental fleets(besides Nissan) and on the streets as Ubers. And if Hertz and Enterprise had issues with them, Hyundai would be the first to hear about it via warranty claims, word of mouth(and Reddit/Rideshare Guy) if they are Uber/Lyft drivers.

Back