Ford Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, my mind is made up , mostly. I have decided to use either Mobil 1 15w50 or Chevron Delo 400 15w40 in a 94 Ford Ranger 4 cyl w/ 130k on it. The cost difference doesn't matter and it'll be 3-4k oci. I'm just not sure which one. It goes at least 75 miles a day w/ stop and go and Interstate. It has been using a qt in between oil changes. Thanks !!!

For such a short oil change interval I would suggest that you use the Chevron Delo 400 15W-40. Either oil should be able to last 5,000 miles or longer in a mechanically sound engine under the driving conditions that you describe. You may be able to go 7,500 miles or longer on either oil that you mentioned but you will need to do a used oil analysis to verify that this can be done safely. If you change your mind and decide to keep the oil in longer than about 5,000 miles than I would go ahead and use the Mobil 1.

Well a 50 wt oil is too thick (IMHO). And since you are going for no more than 4K miles, I think Delo 400 or maybe better Delvac 1300 woild be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back