Ford ramps Mach E in Mexico and lowers prices

Perhaps someone should tell these analysts Ford just reported strong Q1 results...
Company adjusted earnings before interest and taxes, or EBIT, were $3.4 billion, an increase of 45% and margin of 8.1%. Cash flow from operations in Q1 was $2.8 billion; Ford generated $693 million in adjusted free cash flow.

All metrics we up, even with a strong investment in their Mustang Mach E and F-150 Lightning manufacturing lines.
Lets not get carried away, the Mach E is destined for total failure and the lightning is not far behind, neither one of them is a good vehicle and the Mach E is uglier than sin itself on top of it. Ford is prime for a takeover if things keep going the way they have been IMO.

Lets not get carried away, the Mach E is destined for total failure and the lightning is not far behind, neither one of them is a good vehicle and the Mach E is uglier than sin itself on top of it. Ford is prime for a takeover if things keep going the way they have been IMO.
At best, electric drive trains for pickups seems like a bad combination, unless you are a pickup fan boy. Range, especially with any load, has to be horrid. Heck, somebody please explain to me the business logic behind the new Hummer!
I am not a big fan of the Mach E; but sales are strong, especially with Ford loyalists. But is sure ain't a Mustang. I am not sure why you say it is "destined for total failure". In fact they are ramping production with a mfg line changover in Q1.
I think the new Maverick (another ripped off name) makes a lot of sense to a lot of people.

CEO Farley has his work cut out for him. He is downsizing the company in an attempt to restructure the mess he inherited. Quality issues are well documented... I wish him and his company well.

Ford is a legendary company, a great American company. The Highland Park plant in Michigan was the 1st automobile assembly line and it made use of interchangeable parts. Pre-assembled sub assemblies... The rest is history.

Highland Park plant, circa 1922:
Farm_Mechanics_1922_Ford_Highland_Park_cropped.png

The whole company is a mistake, look at the difference between Ford and Toyota on how they handled rotted and broken frames on the same year vehicles.
Toyota replaced the frames or gave the owners a heck of a buy back. Ford told their customers to go scratch their backside with a broken bottle blaming the salt belt climate.

The whole company is a mistake, look at the difference between Ford and Toyota on how they handled rotted and broken frames on the same year vehicles.
Toyota replaced the frames or gave the owners a heck of a buy back. Ford told their customers to go scratch their backside with a broken bottle blaming the salt belt climate.
Pretty hard to argue with this one... Remember the Cadillac 8-6-4 ? That shamed the once great Cadillac.

Ford CEO Says EV Price Cuts Are "A Worrying Trend"

"There's a limit to how far we'll go," Jim Farley said referring to Ford cutting prices on EVs that compete with Tesla products.

Last edited:

Ford CEO Says EV Price Cuts Are "A Worrying Trend"

"There's a limit to how far we'll go," Jim Farley said referring to Ford cutting prices on EVs that compete with Tesla products.

Every car maker is saying the same thing. Tesla's modern factories, direct sales (no dealerships) and vertical integration allow for higher margins. That's leverage.

Analysts, including BITOG arm chair analysts, decry Tesla's 11% gross margin. That's still 2x - 3x the big boy's numbers. The price drops enlarge Tesla's SAM (Served Available Market) and put the squeeze on their competition. Brutal. Just ask CEO Farley and other CEOs.

Pretty hard to argue with this one... Remember the Cadillac 8-6-4 ? That shamed the once great Cadillac.
Absolutely horrible, then came the HT (High Technology ) engines. They even had the balls to put one of these pieces of crap into their 50K halo car of the time which was a lot of wood at the time. Then came the Cimmeron, V6 engines in the full size cars, etc.
I stopped liking GM when they started putting corporate engines in everything.

Absolutely horrible, then came the HT (High Technology ) engines. They even had the balls to put one of these pieces of crap into their 50K halo car of the time which was a lot of wood at the time. Then came the Cimmeron, V6 engines in the full size cars, etc.

As a 65 thru 67 GTO lover, I cried when Pontiac died. Even though the smoggers ruined so many American cars.
66 GTO Midnight Blue.jpg

When everything became a chevy it was over.

V8-6-4 was a POS, how about when GM tried to make a diesel out of the 350?
That was an Oldsey. Their heads were not screwed on to tight.
These cars were a key driver for customers to buy Datsuns and then Toyotas and then Hondas.
From about 73 or 74 on, American V8s went downhill fast.

It don't get much better. I love Pontiacs. That's a beautiful engine. 66 was the last year of the tri power. 67 used the 400 Q-Jet, I believe. Earlier 4 BBL used the AFB. My 65 4-4-2 uses the 4-Jet.
A dear friend of who sadly passed away young was a priest who was also car nut that drove a 69 grand Prix with a 428 HO that was well worked over. That thing was a beast for a car that size. Just talking about Pontiacs reminded me of him, he was one of the guys, one day he came to the garage on Friday and me and the 2 other guys were drinking beer, he said you guys are real heathens, where is the beer. Fond memories.

The 428 used the bigger bore of the 400 (vs 389) and the stroke of the 421.
Those were the big journal engines. Some of us preferred the small journal cranks, but I think that was all in our heads.

Pontiacs ran well every day; they asked for very little. I had a beautiful silver/black 73 Firechicken with a 69 400 4BBL I pulled out of a full size station wagon. I used the cam from the hi po 400 and a Turbo 400. Strong runner. With fat low profile TAs, it sat lower and was a really fun car. When I started making $$ I got into Vettes. Shoulda kept my Pontiacs.

Back