Ford Mustang V6 Coolant Change Interval

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked the coolant on my sister's 2006 Ford Mustang 4.0L V6. The fluid looks a little dirty and I can't make out what color it is. The car has 64k on it right now, does anybody know the coolant change interval Ford recommends for this car? also what type of coolant to use and the capacity of this car's cooling system? I would check the owner's manual for the car, but It didn't come with one from our local CarMax.

Okay, it should be due for a coolant change then. We don't know who the 1st owner was as we bought it off a CarMax lot. Should we be using a particular brand of coolant such as Motorcraft? I want to make sure the car's cooling system is in good shape before this Florida summer hits us.

Last edited:
Update: called local ford dealer in my area, Coolant should be gold in color. I got quoted $139 for cooling system flush, no thanks stealership.

Ford gold coolant is equivalent to Zerex G-05 that can be purchased (if you can find a competent counter man) at most parts stores or online.

Most dealerships just drain and refill. If they truly flush it and refill system, not a bad price. If they drain and refill it, thats expensive.

Originally Posted By: abdodge1500
Update: called local ford dealer in my area, Coolant should be gold in color. I got quoted $139 for cooling system flush, no thanks stealership.

That's right in the ballpark if they are doing a full service. It'd be around $150 at our shop (small indy shop). That's using a BG citric acid cleaner first, roughly 15 qts of 50/50 G-05, and doing the entire system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back