Ford Focus SE knocking sounds from bellhousing (6MT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by mattd
That makes zero sense. If they made a mistake it would never be on the customers dime. They pulled a fast one on you. Make sure you get that money back.

Yea, I'm contacting ford corporate about it. I told them that it was a flywheel issue too. Luckily, I have the old flywheel with me and it *looks* fine, but I've never seen a dual-mass flywheel before in person.

Last edited:
Here are the pictures from the flywheel. Nothing looks broken and I believe that notch is where they cut to balance out the 3-cyl imbalance.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Usually you can bolt or clamp the center bore section to a table and then twist the outer section by hand. There's springs and sometimes gears inside. Listen for clicks, clunks or unusual noises that might indicate damaged spring or gears.

My Focus 1.0 EcoBoost / 6M is at 86,000 miles and has been mechanically flawless - until today. Just did an oil change and noticed a little fluid leaking from the upper engine mount. I ordered a new one today. $60 - not bad. Changing it looks pretty easy.

Originally Posted by E365
Usually you can bolt or clamp the center bore section to a table and then twist the outer section by hand. There's springs and sometimes gears inside. Listen for clicks, clunks or unusual noises that might indicate damaged spring or gears.

My Focus 1.0 EcoBoost / 6M is at 86,000 miles and has been mechanically flawless - until today. Just did an oil change and noticed a little fluid leaking from the upper engine mount. I ordered a new one today. $60 - not bad. Changing it looks pretty easy.

Thanks, I'll go ahead and try that out. I didn't realize that was possible, I'm used to the single mass flywheels and this is the first time I've held a dual mass one in my hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back