Ford F350 Transmission 4R100 Schaffers All Trans

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are my first trans samples not sure what it should look like but I think so far so good. Its does have a external filter 10 micron.

What do you guys think? Thanks for the opinions
350TRANS.jpg

ISO code is screaming an ineffective filter. OE or aftermarket?

Vehicle usage type?

Its a Diesel site aftermarket external filter. I agree the ISO code is a little alarming but what would it look like with just the factory screen element? Its usage is 75% Highway and 25% towing 5,000lbs. I do have quite a few mods 7.3 PSD about 470hp 980lbs to the wheels. Transmission has a mod valve body and aftermarket torque converter.

I think all is well but I like others input.

What are the specs or replacement filter options for the external filter? Change interval? Have you checked it to make sure that there is flow and it is plumbed correctly?

The ATF isn't shearing at all. But, the TAN is showing the stress from your towing. Might want to email Schaeffers for a TAN failure point recommendation. You probably have another TAN point or so to go which is about 22k miles and change it out.

Filtered wear is low. 100-150ppm total wear(iron+lead+copper+...) would be a good change point.

TAN is creeping up and particles/ISO is nothing to brag about.

Fluid is changed when any 1 of its spec's is bad. None are but ISO/TAN are questionable.

This looks like a good place to get some feedback based on science instead of opinion.
I have the 4R100 tranny and do a lot of towing, about 5-6k lbs
Vehicle is 98 Expedition with 140k miles.
Factory Mercon is no longer available (Original spec).
What would be a solid recomendation for the replacement fluid for that tranny for that application?
Mostly drive flats in Florida, but some times in mountains and climate of New York (all seasons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back