Ford Escape/Mazda Tribute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both my sisterinlaws have them and they love thier Escapes. The one is on her second one, so they must be ok if they liked them enough to get two in a row. Personally, I never drove one. But, Iam sure they are reliable, I never heard anything bad about them.

I would try to find a left over 2007 tribute; let's be serious, next to the B2300, 3000, 4000's, they are vehicles Mazda should just not produce anymore; this is a great advantage; they will be glad to find someone who has even heard of the tribute.

I like them alot. I used to work for a security company that used escapes as patrol vehicles because they ended up being the cheapest to operate. Most of the other small suv's wore out faster.

We had a 2003 Escape for 4 years. 65,000 miles and NO problems whatsoever (even with the wife driving).

I am looking for one as well.I have the 3.0 engine in my Sable and I want the same in an Escape. Very solid engine low maintenance. I have been looking on ebay for one.

If you are talking a used Escape, stick your head under the engine and give the underside a visual inspection. Drive shaft seals and oil pan/valve cover gaskets have been known to seap &/or leak. Early models had intermittent tranny shudder, which Ford has pretty much fixed in later models. Othewise it is a good ride. My son likes his '01 at 60K.

Originally Posted By: Warlord
I like them alot. I used to work for a security company that used escapes as patrol vehicles because they ended up being the cheapest to operate. Most of the other small suv's wore out faster.

Alot of companies I've worked for and around KC use them. About as unbreakable as a Ranger. At my PT job they replaced the Escapes with Liberty's... I'll be surprised if the body's make it 2 years.

My GF has the Mercury Mariner wirh AWD V-6. This has to be the crudest noisy vechicle I have ever been in. With the V-6 we only average 18MPG. It is so noisy at highway speeds we wont even take it on trips. The fabrics on the interior are just downright weird, not soft to the touch. It has been reliable and uses no oil. Just a crude vehicle that has not had a major redesign in 9 years. Spend the extra on the RAV4 it is worth it. The mild facelift they received this year is just a band-aid.

I test drove a V6 Escape yesterday I did not think it was overly noisy at 75 mph.The extra for a RAV4 is about another $6000. I'll save that in my savings account.

That's a great choice. Spending the extra 6K on a vehicle because it's an import just doesn't make sense. Especially because of a supposed "noise" concern from one person.

Honestly, I think the bridge between imports and domestics have decreased greatly...import sales are running off of past marketing and older model reliability. The fact is, there are plenty of FEASIBLE, RELIABLE cheaper domestic alternatives in the market today.

Good luck!

I recently drove an escape with the 4 cylinder and 5 speed manual transmission. The salesman claimed it got great fuel economy and I thought it had enough low RPM and mid range torque to get going, even loaded with 4 of us. However it was not "rip snortin" fast in the top end. The new price with dealer discount was exactly $17,000. Not bad at all! Nothing else even comes close to that price.

Chris

My brother had a 2005 Ford Escape for about 56,000 miles. The only problem he had with it is that the cruise control switch on the steering wheel went bad. He had to get rid of it due to circumstances beyond his control. (Well, actually, they were well within his control, but he denies that. But that's another subject..).

He sold it to CarMax. The sum total of what I had to do to get it ready for CarMax is to top off the fluids (coolant, power steering, and battery water--not that I think Carmax would've even noticed or cared) and I changed the transmission fluid because it has a drainplug and I had some leftover Mercon to get rid of.

CarMax appraised it in excellent condition and my brother got more than enough to pay off the loan and give that [censored] he let screw him over some money. But, as I said, that's for another subject....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back