Ford Disconnect Rear Drive Unit Fluid (XY-75W-QL)

It looks like Ford has a new(ish) fluid to discuss.

XY-75W-QL - Disconnect Rear Drive Unit Fluid​

• Motorcraft® SAE 75W Disconnect Rear Drive Unit Fluid is specifically formulated for Ford disconnect rear drive units with a low offset hypoid gear
  • Developed with a lower viscosity to improve axle efficiency and fuel economy
  • Motorcraft® SAE 75W Disconnect Rear Drive Unit Fluid is formulated with synthetic base stocks, friction modifiers, antiwear and extreme pressure additives to provide gear protection and smooth clutch operation
  • Use only in Ford Disconnect Rear Drive Units
  • Do not use in conventional high-offset hypoid gear axles where SAE 75W-85, 75W-90, 80W-90 or 75W-140 is recommended
SDS

Here's the kicker. This stuff might just take the cake for $$$ per Qt. Rockauto lists it at $54.99/qt!!!

Luckily, you only need 1 qt of this magic stuff to do a rear-end service and you're only looking at every 60k or so.

Current uses are in the current generation AWD Escape and Maverick, although I'm sure there are others.

Sure would like to know what makes it so special.

I'd be interested to see what the 100°c viscosity is? I'm sure that unit isn't going to be fussy.

Wouldn't suprise me if it's just a 75w MTF that they use in their MMT6 transmissions. :ROFLMAO:

If it's anything like the Haldex rear diff that VW uses you're going to want to use only the OEM fluid and change it twice as often.

Back