For those who like idea of Fumoto but don’t like the risk… try this!

I've sen a lot of engine sumps with asphalt rash/impacts to be weary of drain valves.

However, I do have a few cap and screw-on drain adapter types (like the old Fram Sure Drain) in service.

I'm thinking of trying a Fumoto SX series. It appears that you can turn the valve so that it minimizes the amount it hangs down under the center line of the drain hole.

If I didn’t have a Fumoto already I would go with Valvomax or something like that. Seems like it would drain a little faster than a Fumoto

I don’t know about all the Fumoto models, but the ones I’ve used drain hot oil pretty fast. My ‘02 Jaguar XKR holds about 8 quarts of oil. I start the oil draining and then move over to replacing the oil filter. By the time I’ve got the old filter off and the filter partially pre-filled (does anyone do that besides me ??) and installed, the oil has finished draining. So I’m never held up waiting on the oil to drain. ymmv.

Z

I did buy a Valvomax just to try it out. I was going to put the Fumoto on her Altima but I don’t think it will fit.

Yes, I pre fill my oil filters as well