Foods you loved that make you gag now

Maybe you got that backwards. I think you may have been eating soap that had marjoram oil added as a fragrance. Marjoram oil is a common ingredient in soap because of its antibacterial properties that help with pit funk. That reminds of bad goat I ate. Tasted like ripe armpit spiced with thyme, rosemary, and cumin. 🐐
You should taste the Bulgarian sheep cheese I got (from Grocery Outlet). That stuff is pretty "farmy". Nature Chick couldn't handle it. All yours she says. I'ma need to make a batch of marjoram fries and sprinkle some sheep chiz on (actually that sounds kinda good)

I still like everything I ate as a child. One thing I could never stand as a child and still despise today is sweet potato.

You should taste the Bulgarian sheep cheese I got (from Grocery Outlet). That stuff is pretty "farmy". Nature Chick couldn't handle it. All yours she says. I'ma need to make a batch of marjoram fries and sprinkle some sheep chiz on (actually that sounds kinda good)
Sprinkle "farmy" sheep chiz makes me want to gag. :ROFLMAO:

Just say no to sheep cheese. period. Well maybe if Bobby Flay made something.... I'd try it.

Oh and Haggis. IS STILL REVOLTING.

I saw that exact same cheese at GO, picked it up, then decided to not buy it. Something abou the sheep on the packaging bothered me. 🤣

Anybody notice that when they got older, certain foods you loved make you want to gag now? Like I love pork and still do but the smell of it cooking makes me sick now.
It’s weird that you say that because I almost feel the same. I’ve loved pork chops since being a kid, but is it me or is there an aftertaste now?

Why I’m suspicious. While food prices have gone through the roof, pork chops have been $1.99/lb at Shop Rite for the last 3+ years.

Meanwhile, cheap steak will be on sale for $8.99/lb, when they were $6.99/lb on sale 2022 and prior.

IMG_7335.jpeg

My tastes haven't really changed. Hated Lima beans and Brussel Sprouts, still hate them. Used to eat shrimp cocktails until I heard what Jacques Cousteau said about shrimp and I was done.

My dad loved sardine sandwiches, mom would prepare (mash them with fork) these with some miracle whip, some sliced green olives and toasted white bread. They were good, but I haven't had one in 40+ years. Don't know if I could appreciate these again? apparently excellent source of dietary calcium.

Sprinkle "farmy" sheep chiz makes me want to gag. :ROFLMAO:

Just say no to sheep cheese. period. Well maybe if Bobby Flay made something.... I'd try it.

Oh and Haggis. IS STILL REVOLTING.
We have Folklorama, a multicultural festival, here each summer. Some years ago, and with great misgivings, I tried the Haggis at the Scottish pavilion. It was surprisingly tasty.

Tongue ... I ate tongue sandwiches as a very young lad when we went to a local deli. After a while, I found out that tongue was, well, tongue. I stopped eating it.

I found some of the items shown in this video repulsive.

CLICK HERE

Last edited:
It’s weird that you say that because I almost feel the same. I’ve loved pork chops since being a kid, but is it me or is there an aftertaste now?

Why I’m suspicious. While food prices have gone through the roof, pork chops have been $1.99/lb at Shop Rite for the last 3+ years.

Meanwhile, cheap steak will be on sale for $8.99/lb, when they were $6.99/lb on sale 2022 and prior.

View attachment 197178

I've noticed the same thing as well regarding prices. I wonder if it's in part of the health-conscience movement that's been happening lately....or something else.

Back