Fleetguard# LF9620 "Venturi Combo Stratapore" Cut Open 8,700 miles

Fleetguard# LF9620 "Venturi Combo Stratapore" Cut Open 8,700 miles.

Came off of my 1995 Detroit 12.7L series60 w/dual oil filters. Engine has 113k miles since new. Oil was Mobil Delvac Super 1300 15w-40 w/8,700 miles.

No sludge or carbon. UOA report was A okay, as usual.

The Fleetguard 9000 series are both a full flow and bypass filter:

Here's some info: https://www.cumminsfiltration.com/venturi
DSCN0747.JPG

The cut open filter brought back memories when the Amsoil bypass filters used a stacked element media.

The cut open filter brought back memories when the Amsoil bypass filters used a stacked element media.
When was that? I've been installing bypass setups on my daily drivers that utilize the Amsoil EaBP90 filters for 10 yrs. Here's a pic of one that came off my FJ Cruiser last Feb. Pleats only, no stacked disc?

DSCN0419.JPG

Fleetguard# LF9620 "Venturi Combo Stratapore" Cut Open 8,700 miles.

Came off of my 1995 Detroit 12.7L series60 w/dual oil filters. Engine has 113k miles since new. Oil was Mobil Delvac Super 1300 15w-40 w/8,700 miles.

No sludge or carbon. UOA report was A okay, as usual.

The Fleetguard 9000 series are both a full flow and bypass filter:

Here's some info: https://www.cumminsfiltration.com/venturi
View attachment 128891

Looks very good. What filter went back on?

Thank You very much for all of your recent cut and posts. I enjoyed viewing them. 🍻🇺🇸🇨🇦

Eabp90/100/110 are multilayered pleated filters. I don't like or recommend them.

BE90/100/110 were their predecessor and were stacked plates. I miss these. Discontinued like 15 years ago??? Time flies! Yes, memories of a great bypass filter!

The heavy duty '120' is supposedly still a dense media filter and rumored to be a clone of the 9750(but 9750 has coated media), and similar to the shorter Harvard https://luberfiner.com/documents/brochure/en/LubeFilterBrochure.pdf

Just some follow up here...I was able to connect with the OP here about some Fleetguard LF9620's that he purchased from eBay. He suspected they were fakes and I had him ship them to our technical facility here in Tennessee. I got word today from that team that the ones that OP shipped us were indeed counterfeit filters. A good reminder for everyone on here that counterfeit filters are a real thing and at least if you're buying Fleetguard, I highly recommend you buy through an authorized dealer or distributor..aka your local heavy-duty truck dealership or your local Cummins Sales & Service branch. We do NOT sell directly on eBay, Amazon, etc.

Just some follow up here...I was able to connect with the OP here about some Fleetguard LF9620's that he purchased from eBay. He suspected they were fakes and I had him ship them to our technical facility here in Tennessee. I got word today from that team that the ones that OP shipped us were indeed counterfeit filters. A good reminder for everyone on here that counterfeit filters are a real thing and at least if you're buying Fleetguard, I highly recommend you buy through an authorized dealer or distributor..aka your local heavy-duty truck dealership or your local Cummins Sales & Service branch. We do NOT sell directly on eBay, Amazon, etc.

Nice to meet a fellow Fleetguard rep here. Now I have a couple questions about a couple Fleetguard FL3970's made in India that I bought from Amazon.

When was that? I've been installing bypass setups on my daily drivers that utilize the Amsoil EaBP90 filters for 10 yrs. Here's a pic of one that came off my FJ Cruiser last Feb. Pleats only, no stacked disc?

View attachment 128921
Before they went to hydraulic Filters. I have been playing with syn oil since I used Steen C in my 1968 Yamaha in 1969 or 1970.

Back