Fleetguard Coolant

According to the Fleetguard chart Fleetguard has a yellow OAT coolant equivalent to Volvo Penta VCS. The VP VCS has proven expensive and difficult to find.

What places sell Fleetguard Coolant? I see 3 gallons on Amazon for $75.

Can I believe the Fleetguard chart?

Looking for pricing on Fleetguard yellow OAT coolant. But shipping might make it too expensive. I am in Milton Delaware.
Donald, you're best bet is to use our cross reference doc here: https://cms.fleetguard.com/en_NA/literature/coolant-cross-reference-flyer/lt36262-new

We don't carry a yellow OAT coolant today. Our ES Compleat OAT coolant is red, not that color matters anyway, but let me know if you want more info on the product. You should be able to purchase Fleetguard from any local heavy-duty truck dealership in your area.

According to the Fleetguard chart Fleetguard has a yellow OAT coolant equivalent to Volvo Penta VCS. The VP VCS has proven expensive and difficult to find.

What places sell Fleetguard Coolant? I see 3 gallons on Amazon for $75.

Can I believe the Fleetguard chart?reveal

Here's a little blurb about Volvo Penta VCS from Volvo (see page 9):

Volvo Penta coolant VCS (Yellow) This coolant is yellow in color. It is an organic additive technology (OAT) type of coolant specifically developed for the material used in newer generation of Volvo Penta engines. It prevent freezing and overheating while providing maximum component protection. Does not contain any nitrite, amine, phosphate or silicate. Does not require coolant filter. 4-year change interval.

Taking a look at the MSDS of of Volvo Penta VCS reveals it even uses the ever dreaded 2-EHA. So it's an OAT coolant with no nitrites, amines, phosphate or silicate and it has 2-EHA, so that means it's essentially a Dex-clone. So I'd suggest that any old OAT you can find like Peak, Prestone, SuperTech, Dex-cool, Ford orange, etc will work perfectly fine.

Donald, you're best bet is to use our cross reference doc here: https://cms.fleetguard.com/en_NA/literature/coolant-cross-reference-flyer/lt36262-new

We don't carry a yellow OAT coolant today. Our ES Compleat OAT coolant is red, not that color matters anyway, but let me know if you want more info on the product. You should be able to purchase Fleetguard from any local heavy-duty truck dealership in your area.
Slightly OT but you bring up the table. Why does the table cross JD Cool Gard II to Compleat OAT, when Cool Gard II is supposedly a HOAT?

From our Coolants & Chemicals product manager:

The analysis I have on Cool Gard II is a few years old, but it does have an inorganic buffer, borate, (ES OAT does not) and it also contains silicate (ES OAT does not). They both are nitrite free and contain significant organic additive content. Both formulations are relying on organic additives for liner protection. Even though Cool Gard II has some inorganic content, I still consider ES OAT to be the best cross for the product, as the Cool Gard II product is nitrite free and is relying on OAT additives as the primary corrosion inhibitors. I can provide a more detailed comparison if the customer is interested, but we would probably need to provide a disclaimer that our test data on the Cool Gard II product is a few years old and it is possible there have been some changes in that time."

Back