FitBit - care to share your sleep info?

So I have a FitBit Sense 2 and would be interested in sharing sleep info with others who have a smart watch capable of providing this kind of info.

This is not intended to be a medical topic or advice beyond most people should get 8 hours of sleep a night.

Total sleep 7 hr 56 min
Awake 1 hr 17 min.
REM 2 hr 18 min
Light 4 hr 24 min
Deep 1 hr 14 min

Last edited:
I've measured this before but I don't have current Fitbit data. I average 6 hours per night which feels absolutely fully refreshing. My father used to average 3-4 hours per night and was perfectly happy with sleep. I believe he was one of those people who sleep less but spend a greater time in REM and so feel perfectly happy with 3 hours. I think I'm probably heterozygous for this trait as I do fine or 4.5-6 hours - I spring out of bed in the morning and have no issue with sleepiness.

Attached. You get way more REM than I do, this was my highest in the past 3 weeks. I’m normally 55-65 mins max.

1DF3C1F4-2FA8-4854-89D1-B6BD796F09F4.jpeg

I don't have any data but I will add that I feel much better with 3,4,5 hours of sleep than I do with 8+. Anymore a full night leaves me feeling tired when I get up. I also work 4pm-1am so my sleep schedule is different than most. Last Thursday got home and in bed by 3am, had to leave at 5:30 the next morning. Literally bounced out of bed and did great all day Friday.

I can't bring myself to wear my watch in bed for this stuff.
I got a FItBit for the health data it can collect. Nighttime collection is important. But this thread will not get into health or medical.

The other FitBit issue is I really like the Seiko watch my wife got me a few years ago that adjusts time at 2AM from over the air radio time signals?

Would a watch on each wrist be too much?

I don't wear the fitbit to bed unless I take a nap. I walk 6600paces every morning before doing anything else. Some days I'll walk12000 paces during my awake hrs. I feel better in general and am down to 189 lbs. Been walking daily since 6/19. Logged 500 total miles last week

Back