First time issue with 3M headlight coating

I've used the product on over a dozen headlights over the years with excellent results and without any problems until yesterday. After it dried there were cloudy streaks all over the the headlight as if it didn't flow smooth after application. Could this be caused by the low temperature when I put it on? It was 42°F while in the past it was over 60 when I used it. Or did I get a bad batch? How to remove and start over? Polishing compound?

IMG_3308.JPG

People neglect the lights from the start. ;)
No amount of snake oil will prevent lights from clearcoat failure if the vehicle is subjected to a lot of UV exposure. PPF is the only item that seems to work and this is because it is a physical barrier.

No amount of snake oil will prevent lights from clearcoat failure if the vehicle is subjected to a lot of UV exposure. PPF is the only item that seems to work and this is because it is a physical barrier.
I wouldn't call it snake oil.

For one reason or another, cars that are washed and waxed often look nicer for longer and that includes the headlights, glass everything.

Wether that is from "UV inhibitors" or some other mechanism, maintenance seems to work. Agree that PPF is the best thing you can do. UV seems to degrade that first.

I wouldn't call it snake oil.

For one reason or another, cars that are washed and waxed often look nicer for longer and that includes the headlights, glass everything.

Wether that is from "UV inhibitors" or some other mechanism, maintenance seems to work. Agree that PPF is the best thing you can do. UV seems to degrade that first.
I think the act of keeping the surfaces clean will always help with longevity.

Without a controlled test, your guess is as good as mine.

Back