First headlight change on Jeep 207,000km..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this was pretty good.Bought the TJ new in 2001 and just changed out my first burned out headlight (low beam).Replaced the pair with OEM Wagner Xenon "Britelight" sealed beams.We
'll see how long they last.Actually this is the first bulb I replaced anywhere on this vehicle.
19.gif

I see alot of new vehicles driving around with 1 headlight out.
Figured it's because they are using cheaper inferior Chinese garbage.

Originally Posted By: Greaser
I thought this was pretty good.Bought the TJ new in 2001 and just changed out my first burned out headlight (low beam).Replaced the pair with OEM Wagner Xenon "Britelight" sealed beams.We
'll see how long they last.Actually this is the first bulb I replaced anywhere on this vehicle.
19.gif

A bit off topic--
I am really thinking about getting another 97-99 TJ. There built like a rock. I really tried to break my old one offroading with no luck!!!

How many miles do you have on yours?

I have a 2001 Honda Odyssy w~120,000 miles. Replaced one tail light and several third brake lights. I think the cars you see with one headlight tend to be GM, and I suspect it is not the bulb but the electrical system. Just an observation and opinion....

Changed my first light on the Malibu last month, left headlight burned out after almost 10 years of use (combination of DRL use and lots of night-driving).

I bet if it was a Honda/Toyota bulb I'd have gotten another 10 years out of it.....
28.gif

Interesting how good the numbers are for the 9006/9005. No surprise they lit the road so much better that some combination bulbs of that era, yet last. No doubt the actual headlight plays a sugnificant role.

Originally Posted By: rg200amp
Originally Posted By: Greaser
19.gif

A bit off topic--
I am really thinking about getting another 97-99 TJ. There built like a rock. I really tried to break my old one offroading with no luck!!!

How many miles do you have on yours?
I purchased both my Jeeps new.Have 207,000km on my TJ and 272,000km on my XJ.Very happy with both!

Originally Posted By: John K
I have a 2001 Honda Odyssy w~120,000 miles. Replaced one tail light and several third brake lights. I think the cars you see with one headlight tend to be GM, and I suspect it is not the bulb but the electrical system. Just an observation and opinion....

I think the cars you see with one headlight are owners to lazy to replace the headlight, I don't think it has anything to do with brand as I have seen all kinds of brands with one headlight out.

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr

I think the cars you see with one headlight are owners to lazy to replace the headlight, I don't think it has anything to do with brand as I have seen all kinds of brands with one headlight out.

GM had an issue with DRLs and bulb life. It is common to see a GM pickup with one DRL out.

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
Good for you. My VW burns through low-beam headlight bulbs approx. every 6 months.

Do you roll each bulb in your greasy fingers before installing them?
LOL.gif

My currently installed sets of H7 and H1 bulbs are 3 years old. So far I have had one ashtray bulb, one blinker bulb, and one brake light bulb go bad on my '96 since '96. I always replace bulbs in pairs (where applicable).

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr

GM had an issue with DRLs and bulb life. It is common to see a GM pickup with one DRL out.

I must have missed out on that one. 96 Sunfire original bulbs. I missed out on the intake gasket fiasco too and I got dexcool since it was new.
wink.gif

The intake issue was mainly on the V6 engines.There's no coolant going thru a 4 bangers intake.The head gasket is an issue with those engines.I know because my sons' 95 2.2L Sunfire is getting a leak.But still it's a tough little engine 256,000km on it and still running strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back