Firefox 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's under tools on the menu bar. Same place it was. Maybe you did not have the menu bar checked and visible?

Originally Posted By: kb27
I could not find the Options button in FF 29.
Revert back to FF 28.

It's there when you click Menu Button:

attachment.cgi-id8386243.png

Thanks, but it didn't seem to be like the older Options where you can choose a whole bunch of configuration.

Guess I'm resistant to change. Went back to FF28 due to familiarity.

Originally Posted By: kb27
Thanks, but it didn't seem to be like the older Options where you can choose a whole bunch of configuration.

Guess I'm resistant to change. Went back to FF28 due to familiarity.
You mean under tools? it's still there...

I am no big fan of change, either.
I hated the look too when I got FF29 this morning, but after making it look like FF28, I have calmed down..

Just needs some patience and Classic Theme Restorer and play with it a bit.

Still no forecast fox or clock,
frown.gif

Last edited:
Just checked on this laptop and it's 29.0.1
I think it updates itself and when I restart FF, its there, something like that

Originally Posted By: Errtt

Two times I have rounded mine back, And it keeps updating all by itself
frown.gif

Tools --> Options --> Advanced--> Updates ---> UNCHECK the radio button for "Automatically install updates"
Then it "should" always ask before updating.

(I have set mine to "inform update is available, but let me update if I want to" or whatever it says there.)

Originally Posted By: JDW
Originally Posted By: Errtt

Two times I have rounded mine back, And it keeps updating all by itself
frown.gif

I seem to have no problems with it so guess I'm okay with that.
Aren't updates supposed to be for improvements to include fixing any security issues?

Thanks.
I already HAVE the add-on bar, but i got it via the "classic theme restorer" extension.
And for Forecast Fox, I used the same link that you (and Qauttro Pete) provided, and it (Forecast Fox) still didn't install.

Does this mean that it will only work when you get the add-on bar using THAT particular extension ? (The Add-On bar Rsetored 3.2) ???
, and NOT via the "classic theme restorer" ?

FYI, I just realized, I am not using the Add-On Bar Restored 3.2 at all. I have it disabled, but I still have the add-on bar at the bottom of my FF29 window and that's where Forecastfox widget data shows up. I believe the Classic Theme Restorer" already provides the missing add-on bar in my case.

It's all very confusing. If you asked me how exactly I got Forecastfox to work in FF29, I wouldn't be able to tell you. I was messing around with different add-ons, and somehow at one point it just showed up.

Hmm. weird. Will try again and see what happens.

BTW, I used the sync function to make FF29 the same on my main laptop and the netbook. Pretty neat.

update: Finally got a clock; (Simple timer, pretty ok) to display on add-on bar.
But here's the thing, even that when I installed, I couldn't see - it was hiding in the freaking bookmarks toolbar!!! I had to click the >> arrow to see it... Then go to customize and drag it to add-on bar.

I wonder that's what happened to Forecast Fox too...i didn't see it because it was installed in some weird place ???

Gonna try it again.

EDIT:
nope - still no luck: Add ons show it's installed, but can't see it anywhere...
frown.gif

Last edited:
OK got it
smile.gif

I had unchecked the status bar option in classic theme restorer - (how did I have the add on bar already then?).

Anyway not Forecast forx shows up, displays weather BUT also shows "connection error" with the turning circle thing all the time...
what's THAT about ??

EDIT: Removing from add-ons and Re-install fixed it.
smile.gif

Last edited:
NO it didn't - still have the rotating circle
frown.gif

CPU usage also goes up with it; disabled it again.
Will check later on what's going on - seems to be common.

Dunno, the xpi file plus Addon bar restored worked like a champ for me...

Note: I'm not using the theme restore addon, maybe that is the difference?

Last edited:
I should have found this thread earlier.

Right now I have it just set perfectly. I used Classic Theme Restorer, etc

I use LittleFox and a decent amount of addons.

The problem now? When I exit, FF and then restart, only certain settings are saved. Or rather my bottom bar goes away, Forecast fox is thrown up top and certain buttons that I had removed in customize are returned. Oddly it seems to have something to do with the Moveable Status-Bar Panel in Classic Theme Restorer.

Help me freeze my settings!

Hmmm... That's weird.
I also have CTR add-on, but my bottom (status) bar stays in place...
I never re-tried to install Forecast Fox.
I think I might wait until that add-on is OFFICIALLY updated for FF29 and then get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back