Firefox 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: ClutchDisc
It is also much faster at loading websites, and uploading / downloading.

A change in browser affects your internet speed?

A faster javascript rendering engine'd make sites load a good deal quicker given the prevalence of it.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
What color is Firefox on your computers? Is it a light blue?

Black on my laptop with Ubuntu and a light gray on my desktop with Linux Mint.

Originally Posted By: GrtArtiste
I was a little surprised that "Bookmark this page" and "Show all bookmarks" were removed from the BOOKMARKS menu in favor of buttons next to the Google search pane.

Everything will be nothing but icons someday, seems like the theme as time goes on.

Hmm... IDK what to do... feeling skeptical.

How do/did you guys go back to FF28 when you don't/didn't like FF 29?
I like to give it a try, but want to make sure first that I can go back to everything I had (Ff28)

Ah - thanks!

So for example, if I upgrade to FF29 and hate it, all I have to do is uninstall FF29, go to that site and DL and install the last FF28 version and I should have all my settings I currently have (in FF28), right? (mods/bookmarks/BM toolbars, add-ons, etc etc?)

I didn't even uninstall FF29. I just installed FF28 right over it.

All bookmarks and add-ons remained. You may just need to re-enable your theme, as it'll most likely get changed to a default theme when you upgrade to FF29. Also, some of the buttons on the toolbar got rearranged, but maybe that had to do with the particular theme that I'm using (FT Deep Dark).

Ok. Thanks.
So FTDD is a FF29 only theme, right? when you re-installed FF28 over FF29, it remained on FF28 ??
EDIT: i see that older versions of FTDD are compatible with older versions of FF...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ClutchDisc
Main change is how the tabs look.

I like the new tabs, but it would be nicer if they were always a light grey all the time (like whey you put the cursor on them) so they were more discernible when not in use.

OK, after using it for a day, despite the tabs issue, I must say this is the best version Mozilla has put out in along time performance wise. I don't know what they did, but it's faster, pages load quicker, it actually makes my laptop run cooler when running HD flash video! I'm not joking; nothing else has changed except FF and 1080 Youtube video runs better and the laptop runs about 3C cooler.
21.gif
I'll keep it!

I'm noticing the same changes. I really like the new look to the tabs, being a long time chrome user it gives me more familiarity.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I couldn't get FTDD to work with FF29. Maybe they've just fixed it.

My nephew said he switched to FF29, and that FTDD works fine with it, so I guess you're right - must've fixed whatever was wrong with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back