FIREClean responds to Vuurwapenblog/Crisco claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: stchman
I looked and FIREClean charges $15 for a 2oz bottle, absolutely absurd.

I thought I spent a lot on gun lube when I bought a 16oz bottle of Ballistol for $17.

There are a limitless number of geewiz bang firearm lubes that are on the market. Most of them are nothing more than overpriced CLPs.

To some people, the performance characteristics are worth it. To others, I think it would be a waste. Depends on the weapon and the usage.

I purchased Gunzilla today for my muzzleloaders. Man is it thin. Not intended for my centerfires rifles or pistols. It's like water compared to the Gun Butter and Slip 2000EWL I have. Noticeably thinner than Ballistol also.

I would compare the Gunzilla liquidity to that of Birchwood-Casey Synthetic Oil/CLP, which is thin also.

The Fireclean review I saw on youtube showed it's content-consistency to be similar to Gun Butter, which is a little on the thick-side and very slippery.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
I purchased Gunzilla today for my muzzleloaders. Man is it thin. Not intended for my centerfires rifles or pistols. It's like water compared to the Gun Butter and Slip 2000EWL I have. Noticeably thinner than Ballistol also.

I would compare the Gunzilla liquidity to that of Birchwood-Casey Synthetic Oil/CLP, which is thin also.

The Fireclean review I saw on youtube showed it's content-consistency to be similar to Gun Butter, which is a little on the thick-side and very slippery.

Well, you should have some Weapon Shield, Lucas Extreme Gun Oil, FIREClean, and MPRO7 LPX to play with in a day or two.

Again, muchos gracias! I am using your products on centerfire rifles and pistols. My three muzzleloaders will see Mr. Gunzilla.

The sprayer on the Gunzilla bottle is el-krapolla. I was walking towards the Meijer store cash register when I spotted these below. It holds four ounces - has two hinges that shut/seal closed and the three holes in the green lid fit my Q-Tip-dippings very easily.

link - Dry Herb Jars - set of 4

Last edited:
I ran a dry patch down my T/C Omega muzzleloader bore. It come back up dry, but there's quite a sheen inside that barrel.

I'll probably add another coat of Gunzilla to that barrel today, as per instructions on the label that suggest leaving a wet-look coat, when storing the bore for a long time. Being thin could be the reason why they package in a spray bottle, versus a dripper.

With your 4 about to arrive here, I've only decided that the Lucas will be the very last one I use. Being plant derived, I'll likely begin with the Fireclean in my two most-used, conceal pistols.

I watched a couple of disassembly-assembly youtube videos yesterday on the LCP I purchased recently. Both guys in both videos were using Fireclean after disassembly and stripping. I recognized it by the bottle-labeling they were using. So for sure, the LCP will get first crack at the Fireclean. Probably the 9mm PT111 G2 also.

My wife's S&W 22lr hardly gets shot. I'm more interested in how the Gun Butter will look/operate, after a long spell in storage. I believe that one is plant-derived also and I'm looking to find out if it gets sticky/gummy sitting idle for a long time.

Last edited:
Alcohol will dissolve/clean all of the products I sent except lucas, which requires gunscrubber, and weaponshield which also requires gunscrubber, or acetone, per George fennell, although I've successfully visually removed it with alcohol, gun scrubber still works best on everything. I prefer synthetic safe.

Oils with antiwear / EP additives can/will be surface active and attach to/change the surface of the metal.

The chlorine based EP additive in Weapon Shield WILL alter the surface metal (especially of steel) and will not be so easy to remove.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Oils with antiwear / EP additives can/will be surface active and attach to/change the surface of the metal.

The chlorine based EP additive in Weapon Shield WILL alter the surface metal (especially of steel) and will not be so easy to remove.

Mr. Fennell told me, I believe, that Acetone would remove it.

Originally Posted By: Ws6
......and your current refusal to buy Fireclean, Lucas, or SLIP 2000 EWL.....

Well, as usual, you're WRONG yet again. (Nothing new there.) Just how much of this stuff am I supposed to buy? And yes you're correct, I've never purchased "Fireclean" nor will I ever. Even if the stuff didn't turn into a gummed up mess over time, I'm not about to pay $7.00 an ounce for Canola Oil. Especially when my wife has a gallon jug of the stuff sitting in the pantry. You of course are most welcome to. That way you can tap into all of those, "extra secret ingredients".

Originally Posted By: Ws6
Well [censored]. You own more SLIP than I do, lol!

It was my lube of choice before I discovered Weapon Shield. It's not that a lot of this stuff is "bad", it isn't. It's just there are others that are better. I've probably got 25 different types of oils and greases lying around, left over from 45 years of "experimenting" with this or that oil or grease. While none of them are what I would term to be unsatisfactory, many are better than others.

For what it's worth, I've found this stuff to be far superior to either Lucas "Gun Oil", or Slip 2000 EWL. It stays put far better. Especially on a hot gun. However, I'll still take Weapon Shield over it.

Bill
I'm curious! Stick that red bottle Lucas Assembly Lube in the freezer (10 degrees) for two hours and see if/how it drips.

All of these below have dripped OK.
Weapon Shield
Lucas Extreme Oil
Gun Butter
Fireclean
MPro7
Slip 2000EWL.

Bill
I'm curious! Stick that red bottle Lucas Assembly Lube in the freezer (10 degrees) for two hours and see if/how it drips.

All of these below have dripped OK.
Weapon Shield
Lucas Extreme Oil
Gun Butter
Fireclean
MPro7
Slip 2000EWL.

I'll try it. My guess is it will thicken up considerably.

The Gun Butter seemed thickest/slowest in my freezer test. Fireclean and Slip seemed the most fluid. The MPro7 really smells and if I had to pick only (1) to reorder, it would be the Lucas Extreme Gun Oil. I really don't need another CLP in my lineup. I already have Ballistol and Gunzilla for that role.

I'm just referencing all my pistols here.

Last edited:
I just checked it. It's been in there since early last night. My freezer is set at -4F. The stuff runs like molasses. Very slow. Which is pretty much what I expected. For you living in the Midwest, a test like this would have value, using firearms in the Winter months and all.

For me just the opposite is true. It gets really hot in the Summer, (115F+). This assembly lube really stays put. But again, after using the Weapon Shield Oil and Lithium Grease, I don't use it much anymore, if at all. All this kind of stuff is fun to play with.

Bill

I dont get it...are you shooting/hunting @10 degrees F...I guess you dont
smile.gif
Your [censored] is in warm room at that time
Its funny to observe how RECREATIONAL shooters constantly search rihgt lube for "what if" scenario
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
Bill

I dont get it...are you shooting/hunting @10 degrees F...I guess you dont
smile.gif
Your [censored] is in warm room at that time
Its funny to observe how RECREATIONAL shooters constantly search rihgt lube for "what if" scenario
smile.gif

Muzzleloader season is in the coldest month of hunting..... December. Plus cops on traffic duty are sometimes out there for hours in sub-freezing temps.

Get it now?

-----------------------------

Thanks Bill for the test results. I'll use the Lucas Extreme or EWL in the coldest four months here..... then all other bios I've accumulated in the next eight months. I have Fireclean in the 9mm currently -- EWL in the 22LR and I'm testing the thin Gunzilla in the LCP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back