Fingerprint Proof Gloves

I'm throwing this out there because you never know if somebody might have the answer. I'm looking for fingerprint proof gloves so that I can handle my welding helmet lenses without getting fingerprints all over them. It kind of defeats the the purpose of installing a new lens cover if you're going to get finger fat all over them. The gloves also need to be soft enough so that they don't scratch the delicate polycarbonate plastic. Amazon had some white cotton gloves that might fit the bill but they don't come in sizes. Some of the reviewers complain of poor quality. Your thoughts?

Cotton, nylon, and microfiber gloves won't leave smudges. But the synthetics are not suitable around sparks and heat. Maybe wear Nomex glove liners?

Cotton, nylon, and microfiber gloves won't leave smudges. But the synthetics are not suitable around sparks and heat. Maybe wear Nomex glove liners?
No, I'm not going to have the gloves on while welding; just when I'm changing lenses.

I've got myself in the habit of not touching the lenses while using the helmet. :)

Don't let this guy fool you. He is using the old welding helmet smudge guise but he is actually going to use the gloves to commit a robbery. :ROFLMAO:
Microfiber gloves are excellent for removing fingerprints left by the less careful members of the team. :LOL:

Don't let this guy fool you. He is using the old welding helmet smudge guise but he is actually going to use the gloves to commit a robbery. :ROFLMAO:
That was my first thought upon reading the title… too many CSI episodes!

That's what I was thinking...
True story: My wife is in the computer field and has to have a yearly (sometimes every six months) security verification that includes fingerprinting. Every place she goes, they have trouble getting fingerprints read from her fingers. She used to be able to do it with the local law enforcement offices, but they were unable to do it after a few tries and told her so. The rules have changed as far as fingerprint verification and she now has to go to the official government offices to get them read. They also have trouble and quite often try 4-5 times and usually give up.
Sorry fellow criminals. I won't rent her out. :ROFLMAO:

Standard "old school" goatskin TIG welding gloves are good for this. As long as they are clean and new. I use them for handling glass. About $15 on Amazon.

1258911.jpg

That's what I was thinking...
True story: My wife is in the computer field and has to have a yearly (sometimes every six months) security verification that includes fingerprinting. Every place she goes, they have trouble getting fingerprints read from her fingers. She used to be able to do it with the local law enforcement offices, but they were unable to do it after a few tries and told her so. The rules have changed as far as fingerprint verification and she now has to go to the official government offices to get them read. They also have trouble and quite often try 4-5 times and usually give up.
Sorry fellow criminals. I won't rent her out. :ROFLMAO:
Not to suggest your wife has scaly hands, but a bit of lotion just before electronic fingerprinting seems to help.

Back