Finally restocked today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drove out to Advance Auto to take advantage of the buy one get one deal on PP and Quaker State Q Torque Power.
So I picked up 6 quarts of Pennzoil Platinum and 6 quarts of Q Torque Power for $37 with tax. With the $15 mail in rebate, I'm done to $22 for everything... Not bad at all! Granted I now have a delima..
All the oils were 10w30. I'm a extended OCI kind of a guy. Anything I can add to thicken them up or should I just leave them be?

Jeepster, Good score by-the-way! How many total miles are on your '95 and what are your typical OCI's ? Does youy 4.0 burn any oil between oil changes ? Either of those oils should be fine for beyond 5000 miles in your warm part of the country especially this time of the year where the brutal summer heat has died down some. The 10W30 Synthetics should be fine even in the heat of the summer although I realize that the 4.0 inline 6 does enjoy a bit heavier oil.

I have 111,782 miles on the Jeep (yes, I keep count...). An ARX treatment was done at 90K and it made an amazing improvement. I usually go 7500 miles but I've been using Schaeffer's S7000 15w40 synblend the past OCI and current OCI. That oil I know can go 15K but I change it early just for assurance. I think now that I've gone to 80% city driving, a thinner oil is a better idea to get everything coated faster. If I have to go to a 6000 mile OCI, so be it. It's still cheaper than an engine. I will try CJ4 HDEOs once they are more common in the market place. WalMart didn't have any yet, and I only saw one gallon of it at Advance Auto Parts yesterday.

The Rotella 15W40 bottles at my WallyWorld have a new graphic on them. I'd bet they are the new stuff. I have no idea what they did with the old Rotella as it never moved much. I did see some savvy oil guy picking up some RTS other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back