Finally purchased a Tagine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I got a tagine today. Mucho research told us Emile Henry from France was the best and I found many suppliers. With Xmas sales in full swing a store had 20% off everything ending at 5:00pm today. 2.5 litre 6-person version was A$149.00 inc GST so should have been a tad over A$130. A$103 says checkout girl. Do me thinks I. So wife is a proud owner of a Flame Red Emile Henry tagine. Now we just have to think about what to cook in it, you guys got any ideas?

Yup 6-person 2.5 litre. Considered the 10-person extra large but a lot more money. Wife did the milk seasoning thing they tell you to do last night. Now recipe hunting

What kind of recipes are on the web? Since we don't own one, not much help. Just start with some veggies and/or fruits....then try couscous and meat...

Yeah the preserved lemon chicken with olives (Algerian) awesome.

Well we just had our first tagine meal. What can I say it has outmoded every cooking style we have tried. The organic chuck steak, Dutch Cream potatoes, organic carrots etc were just perfect not mushy, not hard. Half the cooking time of a crock pot with a better result. We westerners think we know it all but we are really clueless. Get a tagine you won't be sorry. Happy new year...s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back