Finally purchased a Mityvac (MV7400) Fluid Evacuator

wemay

Site Donor 2023
I don't know why it took me so long. I'm very excited to use it.
20240209_175544.jpg

I have one. It does as advertised but I prefer putting the vehicle on the lift and doing a full inspection and maintenance regimen. I suppose that they have their place but it's tough to grease the zerks, check diff and transfer case levels, inspect the suspension/steering and exhaust with the vehicle on the ground. Extended change intervals ,(bitog favorite), along with vacuum oil changes may just lead to early failure for systems not checked. I have caught numerous issues early by being rigorous in my under car inspections that would not have come to light from the top. Recently I unraveled about 50' of barbed wire from a half shaft on a daughter friend 2015 Subaru Forester. We were just changing the oil/filter and I could have taken the lazy route with the TopSider but didn't. She took some pics. I will try and get them to post. I counseled her to stay out of cow pastures.

I have the MityVac that uses compressed air as the energy source for vacuum, not a hand pump. I've used both and absolutely LOVE the compressed air powered version. The vacuum never runs out and I never have to get out from under a vehicle to work the pump for more vacuum.

Also, the preferred way to use this type of tool is to not using the tubing at all. If you can suction the oil by sealing at the dipstick tube, it is more likely to result in a successful extraction.

Also, the preferred way to use this type of tool is to not using the tubing at all. If you can suction the oil by sealing at the dipstick tube, it is more likely to result in a successful extraction.
Eggzackly, I have a fitting that seals the dipstick orifice and allows for vacuum topside full oil change for all my MB's.

I just bought a knockoff from Amazon and it works well. I am somewhat puzzled though...how do you store the tubes so they stay relatively straight and don't drip?

I would like to mount them on the wall but am interested how others are doing it.

Last edited:
Eggzackly, I have a fitting that seals the dipstick orifice and allows for vacuum topside full oil change for all my MB's.

So I am correct in assuming the dipstick housing tube on Mercedes Benz vehicles extend down to the bottom of the oil pan sump? If so, that is a first for me. If not, how much old oil are you leaving in the sump by extracting through the dipstick tube instead of inserting the plastic suction tubing?

So I am correct in assuming the dipstick housing tube on Mercedes Benz vehicles extend down to the bottom of the oil pan sump? If so, that is a first for me. If not, how much old oil are you leaving in the sump by extracting through the dipstick tube instead of inserting the plastic suction tubing?
All Mercedes dealerships that I have been in perform OC's in this same manner. To answer your question, I have never removed the drain plug after an extraction, however I can tell you I extract nearly exactly what the sump capacity is into my Mityvac.

I have the MityVac that uses compressed air as the energy source for vacuum, not a hand pump. I've used both and absolutely LOVE the compressed air powered version. The vacuum never runs out and I never have to get out from under a vehicle to work the pump for more vacuum.
My next one will be this model, getting too old to work that hard.

I’m going to be the party pooper here. I much prefer this unit to my MityVac.

It is sealed at the bottom and does not leak. This allows me to empty only when it’s full.

I have the harbor freight version and hate the hand pump, takes forever. Rented a vacuum pump to verify my idea would work. I hooked a hose to it, then pulled my relief valve, put the hose inside the relief hole and it works. Now to buy a vacuum pump as to not need the hassle of rental.

Love mine. Haven't had a transmission fluid bath in years. I last used it to change the front diff lube in our Expedition where you have to disconnect all kinds of front suspension stuff to be able to remove the cover. It's not as good as a full service but it would have gotten done way less often without it.

Love mine. Haven't had a transmission fluid bath in years. I last used it to change the front diff lube in our Expedition where you have to disconnect all kinds of front suspension stuff to be able to remove the cover. It's not as good as a full service but it would have gotten done way less often without it.
This is actually a good point. I can do an oil change service without getting dirty and in a fraction of the time. Less reason to put off the service.

I was gifted the Harbor Freight clone, I only used it to suck out the nasty water from the Christmas tree stand so far. Pretty impressed. I need to do the mower and pressure washer next I just have to get to the store and buy a couple quarts of 10w30. All I have is 0w20 I can’t possibly put that water in my OPE 😜

Back