Finally, Closeout Score @ PB

After reading so much here about folks getting great deals on closeouts, I finally made a score at the local Pep Boys. Supergard 5w30, 4 lonely qts sitting with some other unpriced old stock. Price check: 90 cents a quart! [Happy]

I should've waited before stocking up on my current stash of TropArtic SM synthetic blend at Dollar Tree last August. How could I have been so <i>stuuu-pid</i>!?

PRND3L

quote:
Originally posted by Thermactor: Congratulations, you just saved a dollar by buying extremely old oil! You sure showed them [Smile]
Actually I saved at least .79 a quart on a decent SL rated oil, for a total of $3.16. Maybe you have $ to burn, but a minimum 53% savings is all right in my book, and since I don't believe in short shelf life of dino, the age of the stock doesn't bother me. [Cheers!] And more power to you Ray H -- TropArtic is nowhere to be found in my neck of the woods. [Cheers!]

quote:
Originally posted by PRND3L:
quote:
Originally posted by Thermactor: Congratulations, you just saved a dollar by buying extremely old oil! You sure showed them [Smile]
Actually I saved at least .79 a quart on a decent SL rated oil, for a total of $3.16. Maybe you have $ to burn, but a minimum 53% savings is all right in my book, and since I don't believe in short shelf life of dino, the age of the stock doesn't bother me. [Cheers!] And more power to you Ray H -- TropArtic is nowhere to be found in my neck of the woods. [Cheers!]

Hmm, I got some TropArtic at the Wal-Mart Supercenter close to the house for $1.48 a qt. Nice cheap oil.

Chevron Supreme for $0.69 after rebate at Schucks, Kragan, etc. Life can be good on the Left Coast, occasionally... Cheers!

quote:
Originally posted by Norm Olt: Chevron Supreme for $0.69 after rebate at Schucks, Kragan, etc. Life can be good on the Left Coast, occasionally... Cheers!
Wish we could find that stuff around here...anyone know? Can I order it? I love what I've read about it, including their Synthetic...

Kestas

Staff member
quote:
Originally posted by Pbert25: Hmm, I got some TropArtic at the Wal-Mart Supercenter close to the house for $1.48 a qt. Nice cheap oil.
I can get Shell oil $1.48 every day price at Costco.